|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to be Tommy Sir's favorite deodorant?
(a) Johnson and Johnson Baby Powder.
(b) Axe Deodorant for Men.
(c) White Musk.
2. How old is Pramod Sawant described during his meeting with Tommy Sir in the beginning of Part One?
(a) His late 40s.
(b) His early 30s.
(c) His early 40s.
(d) His late 20s.
3. In Mohan's "Cricket Rules," what is one to do with one's head?
(a) Keep it tilted right.
(b) Keep it down.
(c) Keep it absolutely still.
(d) Keep it tilted left.
4. What does Manju score at the Harris Shield exhibition in Part One?
(a) 512 runs.
(b) 362 runs.
(c) 412 runs.
(d) 497 runs.
5. What river is described in Part One as "a rock-filled sewer, lit up by egrets and the flutter of a paddy-bird returning to its nest of twigs"?
(a) The Dahisar River.
(b) The Indus River.
(c) The Ganges River.
(d) The Godavari River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Srinivas describe discovering as a cricket player for India when he meets the cricketers practicing with Manju in Part One?
2. Why does Manju's father refuse to let him sit on the train on the way to cricket practice in Part One?
3. When a woman asks Manju for directions to his home after Radha has broken the batting record, he tells her that his father is a businessman in what industries in Part One?
4. When Manju, Radha, and their father reach the MIG Cricket Club in Part One, they are told that Tommy Sir does not arrive before what time?
5. Who is described as the "Permanent Boss of the city" that lives at the Matoshree compound in Part One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the show "CSI Las Vegas" in the novel?
2. How does Radha respond to Manju's scholarship from Karim Ali? Why?
3. How is Mohan Kumar described in the narrative?
4. Where does the Kumar family move when they leave Dahisar? Why?
5. What causes the conflict between the Kumar brothers and Javed Ansari in Part One?
6. How would you describe the relationship between Manju and Radha in the beginning of the novel?
7. Who is Pramod Sawant, and why is he speaking with Tommy Sir in the opening of Part One?
8. What is implied regarding Mohan's broken leg in Part One?
9. What tone and mood are established in the opening of the novel?
10. What is the significance of the show "Young Lions" in the novel?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)