|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was Mohan forced to pay for a security deposit on his new home after leaving the slum?
(a) 30,000 rupees.
(b) 20,000 rupees.
(c) 40,000 rupees.
(d) 10,000 rupees.
2. What is the name of Mumbai's sporting equipment district?
(a) Dhobi Talao.
(c) Chheda Nagar.
3. Whom does Srinivas describe discovering as a cricket player for India when he meets the cricketers practicing with Manju in Part One?
(a) B.B. Balasubramaniam.
(b) Bal Thackeray.
(c) Dhobi Talao.
(d) Ravi Shastri.
4. How much older is Radha than Manju Kumar?
(a) 3 years older.
(b) 1 year older.
(c) 4 years older.
(d) 2 years older.
5. How many varieties of truth exist, according to Tommy Sir in Part One?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how much money is the interest-free loan that Mehta gives Mohan to relocate his family?
2. According to Mohan's rules for his sons, a boy must not shave until he is what age?
3. At what unhygienic nearby food cart do Manju and Radha go with the spotty-necked girl before school in Part One?
4. What does the narrator tell pen-tops they really are in the opening of the novel?
5. The narrator in Part One says, "Revenge is the capitalism of" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Pramod Sawant, and why is he speaking with Tommy Sir in the opening of Part One?
2. How does Radha respond to Manju's scholarship from Karim Ali? Why?
3. What causes the conflict between the Kumar brothers and Javed Ansari in Part One?
4. How would you describe the relationship between Manju and Radha in the beginning of the novel?
5. What happened to Manju and Radha's mother?
6. What rules has Mohan Kumar established for his sons?
7. What is implied regarding Mohan's broken leg in Part One?
8. Who is Subramanya and what is his significance in the novel?
9. How is Mohan Kumar described in the narrative?
10. How is Sofia's character described in the novel?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)