|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pramod Sawant the head cricket coach in Part One?
(a) The Ali Weinberg International School.
(b) The Bal Thackeray International School.
(c) The London Cricket Association.
(d) The Mumbai Cricket Association.
2. What does "MIG" refer to in the MIG Cricket Club?
(a) Multiple Imaging Group.
(b) Medical Investment Group.
(c) Men's Investment Group.
(d) Middle Income Group.
3. How old is Pramod Sawant described during his meeting with Tommy Sir in the beginning of Part One?
(a) His early 40s.
(b) His late 20s.
(c) His early 30s.
(d) His late 40s.
4. The narrator in Part One says, "Revenge is the capitalism of" what?
(a) "The educated."
(b) "The uneducated."
(c) "The rich."
(d) "The poor."
5. What river is described in Part One as "a rock-filled sewer, lit up by egrets and the flutter of a paddy-bird returning to its nest of twigs"?
(a) The Ganges River.
(b) The Godavari River.
(c) The Indus River.
(d) The Dahisar River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the 15-year-old student of the Ali Weinberg School in Bandra that Mohan and his sons watch on television at their new home in Part One?
2. How long ago does the narrator say Manju and Radha's father brought them to Mumbai when Pramod first begins following Manju's games in Part One?
3. What letter is sequined on the handbag of the spotty-necked girl when she goes out to eat with Manju and Radha?
4. What animal does the narrator describe a magician bringing to Mohan's village thirty years ago in Part One?
5. How much older is Radha than Manju Kumar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scholarship does Manju received from Karim Ali in Part One? How does he respond?
2. What rules has Mohan Kumar established for his sons?
3. How does Radha respond to Manju's scholarship from Karim Ali? Why?
4. What ambitions does Manju relate to Javed when they first become friends?
5. Who is Subramanya and what is his significance in the novel?
6. Who is Pramod Sawant, and why is he speaking with Tommy Sir in the opening of Part One?
7. Who is Anand Mehta, and what is his role in the novel?
8. What causes the conflict between the Kumar brothers and Javed Ansari in Part One?
9. How would you describe the relationship between Manju and Radha in the beginning of the novel?
10. What is implied regarding Mohan's broken leg in Part One?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)