|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what college is Manju accepted?
(a) St. Xavier's College.
(b) Ruia College.
(c) L S Raheja School of Architecture.
(d) Elphinstone College.
2. What is the name of Javed's brother who was five years older than him?
3. What does Javed take Manju to do at the restrooms at the mall in Part One?
(a) To spy on his father.
(b) To find a prostitute.
(c) To talk.
(d) To shave.
4. Where is Ramnath's daughter accepted into college in America?
(a) The Massachusetts Institute for Technology.
(b) Rutgers University.
(c) Hunter College.
(d) The Illinois Institute of Advanced Technology.
5. What god of death does Mohan call out to after his sons have disappeared?
6. What is Manju's height listed as of three months before Selection Day?
7. In what city of England does Manju train for cricket?
8. Who is the career counselor of Javed's that he convinces Manju to meet with?
(a) Jignesh Seth.
(b) B.B. Balasubramaniam.
(c) Ravi Shastri.
(d) Patricia D'Mello.
9. To whose house is Radha fleeing in his home village after the attack on Selection Day?
(a) Uncle Revanna's house.
(b) Uncle Ramnath's house.
(c) Uncle Jignesh's house.
(d) Uncle Ravi's house.
10. What animal does Manju maim with his shoe when he argues with Radha on the day before Selection Day?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A dove.
11. Manju and Javed meet at a restaurant at what hotel to discuss their first experiences at college?
(a) Sofitel Mumbai BKC.
(b) The Taj Mahal Palace.
(c) Four Season Hotel Mumbai.
(d) The Golden Punjab Hotel.
12. What is Manju's answer when Javed asks him, "Did you think of your family when you were over in England?"
(b) "Not once."
(d) "Every day."
13. What novel by George Orwell does Javed encourage Manju to read?
(a) Coming Up for Air.
(b) Animal Farm.
(d) The Clergyman's Daughter.
14. Whom does Manju thank for "this exquisite opportunity to experience first-hand the uplifting culture of the United Kingdom" in a statement after he returns from England?
(a) Karim Ali.
(b) Eknath Solkar.
(c) Patricia D'Mello.
(d) Pramod Sawant.
15. In what year did T.O. Shenoy first play in Selection Day in Bombay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the player who got Radha out of the game on Selection Day?
2. How much money does the uncle of the cricket player that was attacked by Radha want in compensation from Mehta?
3. Javed tells Manju in the narrative, "When you go to war, first you must have" what?
4. Who is on the news after surpassing Manju's batting record?
5. To what bar does Mohan go in the morning to lament the disappearance of his sons after Selection Day?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)