|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Javed's brother who was five years older than him?
2. Where does Sofia tell Manju that his father tried to kill her?
(a) The Oval Maidan.
(b) Ballard Estate.
(d) Roswell Estate.
3. What town in the Satara district does Tommy Sir hike around each year by himself?
4. Where has Javed recently gone on a trip with his father when he meets with Manju at the restaurant to discuss college?
5. What comic book does Manju read as he falls asleep in Javed's flat a week after Selection Day?
(b) The Fantastic Four.
(d) The Watchmen.
6. Who is Javed's friend that he introduces Manju to a week after Selection Day at his flat?
7. Javed tells Manju in the narrative, "When you go to war, first you must have" what?
(a) "A map."
(b) "An enemy."
(c) "A position."
(d) "A mission."
8. In what city of England does Manju train for cricket?
9. Mohan decides to slap Radha a few times after his batting average falls below what, in Part One?
10. What animal does Manju maim with his shoe when he argues with Radha on the day before Selection Day?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A dove.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A chicken.
11. Tommy Sir describes "the final discovery of my career as a Talent Scout" on the day after Selection Day. He states that "a great sportsman is a kind of" what?
12. Who is the career counselor of Javed's that he convinces Manju to meet with?
(a) Jignesh Seth.
(b) B.B. Balasubramaniam.
(c) Ravi Shastri.
(d) Patricia D'Mello.
13. How much money does the uncle of the cricket player that was attacked by Radha want in compensation from Mehta?
(a) 100,000 rupees.
(b) 25,000 rupees.
(c) 75,000 rupees.
(d) 50,000 rupees.
14. What is the festival of the Mother Goddess referred to as in the narrative?
(b) Budha Purnima.
(d) Durga Puja.
15. The old palmist offers to solve five of Radha's problems for how many rupees after the game on Selection Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose house is Radha fleeing in his home village after the attack on Selection Day?
2. Who is on the news after surpassing Manju's batting record?
3. Whom does Manju thank for "this exquisite opportunity to experience first-hand the uplifting culture of the United Kingdom" in a statement after he returns from England?
4. Who is the bar manager that serves Mohan when he goes to the bar in the morning after Selection Day?
5. What does Sofia say Radha has been saying about his brother on the day before Selection Day?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)