|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manju's height listed as of three months before Selection Day?
2. What is the name of the gang that Manju accuses Javed of being in?
(a) The Wildfire Gang.
(b) The Brahman Gang.
(c) The Mad Max Gang.
(d) The Mob Gang.
3. At what school does Manju train in cricket while in England?
(a) The Ali Weinberg International School.
(b) The J.F. Browns International School.
(c) The Dhobi Talao International School.
(d) The Eknath Solkar International School.
4. What animal does Mohan compare Javed to when discussing him with his neighbor in the novel?
(a) A snake.
(b) A lion.
(c) A mongoose.
(d) A tiger.
5. What is the sacred serpent called that the god Subramanya rides?
6. What video game does Radha discover when he first visits the cybercafe?
(b) War of Warcraft.
(c) Super Mario Brothers.
(d) Grand Theft Auto.
7. The narrator says in Part One, "One morning, over 100 million years ago, India left Eden and went looking for" what?
8. What percentage of India is currently under the age of 25, according to the career counselor who speaks with Manju?
(a) Half a billion.
(b) One quarter of a billion.
(c) Two billion.
(d) One third of a billion.
9. Who is the bar manager that serves Mohan when he goes to the bar in the morning after Selection Day?
(c) Mr. Shetty.
10. Who intervenes when Mohan goes to slap Radha when his batting average falls in Part One?
(a) Anand Mehta.
(b) Eknath Solkar.
(c) Tommy Sir.
(d) Jignesh Seth.
11. Whose glove does Radha rip up on Selection Day?
(a) Sachin Tendukar's glove.
(b) Ravi Shastri's glove.
(c) Eknath Solkar's glove.
(d) Jignesh Seth's glove.
12. Where does Javed take Manju in a taxi after telling him that he is leaving cricket?
(a) To Santacruz.
(b) To Mangalore.
(c) To the Oval Maidan.
(d) To Hornicon Circle.
13. What cricket term refers to each of the three stumps with two bails at the top at either end of the pitch?
14. What does Javed encourage Manju to do about Mehta after his late-night visit?
(a) Obey him.
(b) Blackmail him.
(c) Ask him for more money.
(d) Go to the police.
15. Whom does Manju tell on the phone that his father wants him to give back the England scholarship?
(a) Eknath Solkar.
(b) Ravi Shastri.
(c) Javed Ansari.
(d) Anand Mehta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the news after surpassing Manju's batting record?
2. What does Javed take Manju to do at the restrooms at the mall in Part One?
3. Where does Tommy Sir's daughter work?
4. What god of death does Mohan call out to after his sons have disappeared?
5. What novel by George Orwell does Javed encourage Manju to read?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)