|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anand Mehta demand that Manju do when he visits him in the middle of the night after Manju has had a press conference?
(a) Perform in a cricket game.
(b) Sing for him.
(c) Call his mother.
(d) Speak in a British accent.
2. For how long is Manju's scholarship to last in England?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
3. Where is Ramnath's daughter accepted into college in America?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Hunter College.
(c) The Illinois Institute of Advanced Technology.
(d) The Massachusetts Institute for Technology.
4. What does Sofia say Radha has been saying about his brother on the day before Selection Day?
(a) That he is quitting cricket.
(b) That Manju is gay.
(c) That he is a poor cricket player.
(d) That he broke his arm.
5. Who is the career counselor of Javed's that he convinces Manju to meet with?
(a) B.B. Balasubramaniam.
(b) Ravi Shastri.
(c) Jignesh Seth.
(d) Patricia D'Mello.
6. Mohan decides to slap Radha a few times after his batting average falls below what, in Part One?
7. How old is Javed when he loses his virginity?
8. Who is on the news after surpassing Manju's batting record?
(a) Ravi Shastri.
(b) T.E. Sarfraz Khan.
(c) Jignesh Seth.
(d) B.B. Balasubramaniam.
9. What does Javed encourage Manju to do about Mehta after his late-night visit?
(a) Go to the police.
(b) Obey him.
(c) Ask him for more money.
(d) Blackmail him.
10. Javed tells Manju in the narrative, "When you go to war, first you must have" what?
(a) "A position."
(b) "A mission."
(c) "An enemy."
(d) "A map."
11. What does the career counselor tell Manju his family has traditionally done for a living?
(a) Cut diamonds.
(c) Traded gold.
(d) Sold curry.
12. What is the sacred serpent called that the god Subramanya rides?
13. What does the old man offer to Radha after the game on Selection Day?
(d) Chai tea.
14. Who is the neighbor that Mohan rants to about the influence of Javed (whom he refers to as "that Mohammedan boy"?
(a) Jignesh Seth.
(b) Mrs. Shastri.
(c) Pramod Sawant.
(d) Eknath Solkar.
15. What video game does Radha discover when he first visits the cybercafe?
(a) War of Warcraft.
(b) Grand Theft Auto.
(d) Super Mario Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the drop in Radha's batting average before Manju goes to England?
2. Whom does Manju tell on the phone that his father wants him to give back the England scholarship?
3. What ultimatum does Javed give to Manju when he offers him a place to stay after Selection Day?
4. Who is described as the "world's greatest batsman" from Bowral, New South Wales?
5. In what city of England does Manju train for cricket?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)