|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tommy Sir describes "the final discovery of my career as a Talent Scout" on the day after Selection Day. He states that "a great sportsman is a kind of" what?
2. What is the sacred fire within the Subramanya temple referred to as in the narrative?
(a) The arrk.
(b) The aarthi.
(c) The vasuki.
(d) This vis.
3. In what class has Manju made critical errors, leading to his belief he will be thrown out of college during his first year?
(a) Latin Literature and History.
(b) English Literature.
(c) Chemistry Practicals Lab.
(d) Biology Lab.
4. To what college is Manju accepted?
(a) L S Raheja School of Architecture.
(b) Ruia College.
(c) Elphinstone College.
(d) St. Xavier's College.
5. To whose house is Radha fleeing in his home village after the attack on Selection Day?
(a) Uncle Revanna's house.
(b) Uncle Jignesh's house.
(c) Uncle Ravi's house.
(d) Uncle Ramnath's house.
6. Javed tells Manju in the narrative, "When you go to war, first you must have" what?
(a) "An enemy."
(b) "A mission."
(c) "A position."
(d) "A map."
7. Whom does Manju thank for "this exquisite opportunity to experience first-hand the uplifting culture of the United Kingdom" in a statement after he returns from England?
(a) Karim Ali.
(b) Pramod Sawant.
(c) Patricia D'Mello.
(d) Eknath Solkar.
8. Who is the driver when Sofia picks up Manju on the day before Selection Day?
9. Where does Tommy Sir's daughter work?
(a) A chemistry lab.
(b) A hair salon.
(c) A florist.
(d) A bank.
10. What does the old man offer to Radha after the game on Selection Day?
(b) Chai tea.
11. The old palmist offers to solve five of Radha's problems for how many rupees after the game on Selection Day?
12. Where does Sofia tell Manju that his father tried to kill her?
(a) Roswell Estate.
(b) Ballard Estate.
(c) The Oval Maidan.
13. What percentage of India is currently under the age of 25, according to the career counselor who speaks with Manju?
(a) One third of a billion.
(b) Half a billion.
(c) One quarter of a billion.
(d) Two billion.
14. What nickname does Manju tell Javed never to call him again when he gets on Javed's motorbike?
(a) Mad Max.
(b) Young Lion.
15. In what city of England does Manju train for cricket?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sacred serpent called that the god Subramanya rides?
2. What video game does Radha discover when he first visits the cybercafe?
3. How many missed calls are on Manju's cell phone when he hands it over to Javed a week after Selection Day?
4. What does Sofia say Radha has been saying about his brother on the day before Selection Day?
5. What does Mehta force Manju to drink after his brother has fled on Selection Day?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)