|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mohan taken when he is injured after an argument with his sons in Part One?
(a) St. Mary's Hospital.
(b) St. Paul Hospital.
(c) Anderson Central Hospital.
(d) St. George Hospital.
2. In an article that Tommy Sir published three years ago in the Mumbai Sun, he wrote that "cricket is the triumph of civilization over" what?
3. What Biblical verse is cited in the opening of the novel with the line: "My heritage is ... like a lion in the forest; it criest out against me"?
(a) John 15:13.
(b) Jeremiah 12:8.
(c) Proverbs 17:17.
(d) Psalm 27:4.
4. When does Part One of the novel open?
(a) Three weeks before Selection Day.
(b) Two years before Selection Day.
(c) Three months before Selection Day.
(d) Three years before Selection Day.
5. According to Mohan's rules for his sons, what "will destroy anything, even a secret contract with God"?
6. To what neighborhood do Mohan and his sons move after they have saved enough money to leave the slum?
7. How many varieties of truth exist, according to Tommy Sir in Part One?
8. In Mohan's "Cricket Rules," what is one to do with one's head?
(a) Keep it tilted right.
(b) Keep it down.
(c) Keep it absolutely still.
(d) Keep it tilted left.
9. The spotty-necked girl says, regarding cricket, when she is out with Manju and Radha in Part One that nothing that does what can be called a sport?
(a) Uses a timer.
(b) Requires padding.
(c) Stops for lunch.
(d) Requires a bat.
10. Who is the principal of the Alii Weinberg International School?
(a) Ravi Shastri.
(b) Anand Mehta.
(c) Eknath Solkar.
(d) Patricia D'Mello.
11. What does Radha tell Manju he is going to buy him as soon as they have money in Part One?
(a) A glove.
(c) A bat.
(d) A jacket.
12. How long ago does the narrator say Manju and Radha's father brought them to Mumbai when Pramod first begins following Manju's games in Part One?
(a) 7 years ago.
(b) 2 years ago.
(c) 9 years ago.
(d) 5 years ago.
13. Where is Pramod Sawant the head cricket coach in Part One?
(a) The Bal Thackeray International School.
(b) The Ali Weinberg International School.
(c) The London Cricket Association.
(d) The Mumbai Cricket Association.
14. When Manju, Radha, and their father reach the MIG Cricket Club in Part One, they are told that Tommy Sir does not arrive before what time?
15. What does Radha order at the fast-food shack when he goes with Manju and the spotty-necked girl in Part One?
(b) Cheese dosa.
(c) Curry rice.
(d) Lamb gyros.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time would Radha's father take him out every day for cricket practice when he was four years old, according to the narrator in the beginning of the novel?
2. How much of Mohar's sons' future earnings to become the legal property of Shri Mehta, according to the contract that Mohan has signed in Part One?
3. What is the "lord's golden spear" referred to as at the Subramanya temple?
4. What letter is sequined on the handbag of the spotty-necked girl when she goes out to eat with Manju and Radha?
5. What is Manju's favorite television show?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)