|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the girl who is described as the "spotty-necked one" at Manju's school?
2. When Manju, Radha, and their father reach the MIG Cricket Club in Part One, they are told that Tommy Sir does not arrive before what time?
3. What is the mother tongue for Manju and Radha?
4. What does Radha order at the fast-food shack when he goes with Manju and the spotty-necked girl in Part One?
(a) Lamb gyros.
(c) Curry rice.
(d) Cheese dosa.
5. How long ago does the narrator say Manju and Radha's father brought them to Mumbai when Pramod first begins following Manju's games in Part One?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) 7 years ago.
(c) 5 years ago.
(d) 9 years ago.
6. Where is Pramod Sawant the head cricket coach in Part One?
(a) The Bal Thackeray International School.
(b) The Ali Weinberg International School.
(c) The London Cricket Association.
(d) The Mumbai Cricket Association.
7. When a woman asks Manju for directions to his home after Radha has broken the batting record, he tells her that his father is a businessman in what industries in Part One?
(a) Gold and real estate.
(b) Wood and coal.
(c) Textbooks and publication.
(d) Chutney and rice.
8. The spotty-necked girl says, regarding cricket, when she is out with Manju and Radha in Part One that nothing that does what can be called a sport?
(a) Requires a bat.
(b) Stops for lunch.
(c) Requires padding.
(d) Uses a timer.
9. According to Mohan's rules for his sons, what "will destroy anything, even a secret contract with God"?
10. When does Part One of the novel open?
(a) Three years before Selection Day.
(b) Three weeks before Selection Day.
(c) Three months before Selection Day.
(d) Two years before Selection Day.
11. How many rupees each month is Mehta obligated to give the Kumars, according to the contract Mohan signs in Part One?
12. The narrator in Part One says, "Revenge is the capitalism of" what?
(a) "The uneducated."
(b) "The poor."
(c) "The educated."
(d) "The rich."
13. How much of Mohar's sons' future earnings to become the legal property of Shri Mehta, according to the contract that Mohan has signed in Part One?
14. What animal does the narrator describe a magician bringing to Mohan's village thirty years ago in Part One?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A dove.
15. Where does Pramod describe the younger Kumar batting today in a cricket game when talking to Tommy Sir in Part One?
(a) The Oval Maidan.
(c) The Ali Weinberg International School.
(d) The Mafia Bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter is sequined on the handbag of the spotty-necked girl when she goes out to eat with Manju and Radha?
2. What is said to be Tommy Sir's favorite deodorant?
3. Who is described as "the face" of cricket in Part One?
4. Who is described in Part One as the "father of modern education in the suburb of Bandra"?
5. Why does Coach Sawant tell Mohan he has to leave during the meeting with Tommy Sir in Part One?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)