|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 195 - 242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what term does Tommy Sir describe Mohan as being when he talks to Srinivas at the cricket game in Part One?
(a) A cheat.
(b) A manipulator.
(c) A control freak.
(d) A lazy father.
2. Of Sofia, the narrator says, "... she could pull anything off: she knew her prerogative as a rich girl in Mumbai, which was to be" what?
(a) "The fulfiller of her father's wishes."
(b) "Like her mother."
(c) "One step ahead of the city she lived in."
(d) "A ghost on the walls, silent and obedient."
3. According to Mohan's rules for his sons, a boy must not shave until he is what age?
4. What is the cause of the drop in Radha's batting average before Manju goes to England?
(a) He has experienced a shoulder injury.
(b) He has lost interest in the sport.
(c) He is experiencing a growth spurt.
(d) He has injured his ankle.
5. Who is the 15-year-old student of the Ali Weinberg School in Bandra that Mohan and his sons watch on television at their new home in Part One?
(a) Bal Thackeray.
(b) Dhobi Talao.
(c) B.B. Balasubramaniam.
(d) Javed Ansari.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the neighbor that Mohan rants to about the influence of Javed (whom he refers to as "that Mohammedan boy"?
2. Who is on the news after surpassing Manju's batting record?
3. Javed tells Manju in the narrative, "When you go to war, first you must have" what?
4. How old is Javed when he loses his virginity?
5. How much of Mohar's sons' future earnings to become the legal property of Shri Mehta, according to the contract that Mohan has signed in Part One?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)