|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 136 - 194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Manju and Radha's father say has given a secret blessing to his family in Part One?
(a) Lord Vishnu.
(b) Lord Brahma.
(c) Lord Ganapati.
(d) Lord Subramanya.
2. In what year did Sunny Gavaskar lose the ability to leave the ball outside the off-stump according to Tommy Sir in Part One?
3. What is the name of the gang that Manju accuses Javed of being in?
(a) The Mob Gang.
(b) The Wildfire Gang.
(c) The Mad Max Gang.
(d) The Brahman Gang.
4. What musician, described as "a poet, and a Parsi, and a gay" does Javed imitate in the novel?
(a) George Harrison.
(b) Ravi Shastri.
(c) Freddie Mercury.
(d) Cat Stevens.
5. Who is described as the "world's greatest batsman" from Bowral, New South Wales?
(a) Anand Mehta.
(b) Sir Donald Bradman.
(c) Ravi Shastri.
(d) Eknath Solkar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "the face" of cricket in Part One?
2. Whom does Srinivas describe discovering as a cricket player for India when he meets the cricketers practicing with Manju in Part One?
3. Who is the girl who is described as the "spotty-necked one" at Manju's school?
4. To what neighborhood do Mohan and his sons move after they have saved enough money to leave the slum?
5. What town in the Satara district does Tommy Sir hike around each year by himself?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)