|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 136 - 194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Javed tell Manju to take a train and meet him after he calls to tell Javed about Mehta's middle-of-the-night visit?
(a) Navi Mumbai.
(c) The Oval Maidan.
2. Whom does Mohan make a call to regarding the status of a piece of ancestral land in his village in Part One?
(a) Bal Thackeray.
(c) Tommy Sir.
3. Who is described in Part One as the "father of modern education in the suburb of Bandra"?
(a) Ravi Shastri.
(b) Eknath Solkar.
(c) Karim Ali.
(d) Anand Mehta.
4. For how much money is the interest-free loan that Mehta gives Mohan to relocate his family?
(a) 30,000 rupees.
(b) 60,000 rupees.
(c) 40,000 rupees.
(d) 50,000 rupees.
5. According to Mohan's rules for his sons, what "will destroy anything, even a secret contract with God"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tommy Sir's daughter work?
2. What river is described in Part One as "a rock-filled sewer, lit up by egrets and the flutter of a paddy-bird returning to its nest of twigs"?
3. What is the name of Javed's brother who was five years older than him?
4. Where does the "spotty-necked" girl's father own a chemical plant?
5. To what neighborhood do Mohan and his sons move after they have saved enough money to leave the slum?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)