|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 136 - 194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell pen-tops they really are in the opening of the novel?
2. What does Radha begin chanting at his brother during the meeting at the MIG headquarters in Part One?
(c) "Spotty neck."
(d) "Young Lion."
3. To what neighborhood do Mohan and his sons move after they have saved enough money to leave the slum?
4. At what temple does Mohan deliver money after he has received the first installment of the scholarship fund in Part One?
(a) The Konark Sun Temple.
(b) The Lakshmi Narasimha Temple.
(c) The Brihadeeswara Temple.
(d) The Chheda Nagar Temple.
5. Whom does Srinivas describe discovering as a cricket player for India when he meets the cricketers practicing with Manju in Part One?
(a) B.B. Balasubramaniam.
(b) Ravi Shastri.
(c) Dhobi Talao.
(d) Bal Thackeray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter is sequined on the handbag of the spotty-necked girl when she goes out to eat with Manju and Radha?
2. Why does Manju's father refuse to let him sit on the train on the way to cricket practice in Part One?
3. What does Javed take Manju to do at the restrooms at the mall in Part One?
4. When Radha and Manju take a yearly visit to their home village from Mumbai, where do they get off the train, according to the narrator in Part One?
5. Who is the manager of Deepa Bar?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)