|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 60 - 135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Tommy Sir get married?
2. Where does Pramod describe the younger Kumar batting today in a cricket game when talking to Tommy Sir in Part One?
(a) The Ali Weinberg International School.
(b) The Mafia Bar.
(d) The Oval Maidan.
3. The spotty-necked girl says, regarding cricket, when she is out with Manju and Radha in Part One that nothing that does what can be called a sport?
(a) Stops for lunch.
(b) Uses a timer.
(c) Requires padding.
(d) Requires a bat.
4. What does Radha tell Manju he is going to buy him as soon as they have money in Part One?
(a) A bat.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A glove.
5. The narrator asserts in Part One, "All batting - all good batting - starts with" what?
(a) "The wrists."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mohan's rules for his sons, a boy must not shave until he is what age?
2. Who is described in Part One as the "father of modern education in the suburb of Bandra"?
3. What is the only thing in this world that is tasteless, according to the narrator in the beginning of the novel?
4. When a woman asks Manju for directions to his home after Radha has broken the batting record, he tells her that his father is a businessman in what industries in Part One?
5. Tommy Sir tells Pramod in Part One of Manju, "Pramod, the idea that the boy has to be either real or a fake is" what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)