|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Coach Sawant tell Mohan he has to leave during the meeting with Tommy Sir in Part One?
(a) Because Tommy Sir hates fathers.
(b) Because Tommy Sir will speak to him afterwards.
(c) Because Tommy Sir is agorophobic.
(d) Because Tommy Sir wants to adopt the boys.
2. Who is described as the "Permanent Boss of the city" that lives at the Matoshree compound in Part One?
(a) Pramod Sawant.
(b) Anand Mehta.
(c) Bal Thackeray.
(d) Tommy Sir.
3. The narrator says in Part One that "There is a Chutney Mafia in this city, run by men called" what?
(a) "Tommy Sir."
(d) "Spotty neck."
4. In Mohan's "Cricket Rules," what is one to do with one's head?
(a) Keep it absolutely still.
(b) Keep it tilted left.
(c) Keep it tilted right.
(d) Keep it down.
5. Why does Manju's father refuse to let him sit on the train on the way to cricket practice in Part One?
(a) Because he does not want him to fall asleep.
(b) Because he does not want his son to feel happiness.
(c) Because there is water on the seats.
(d) Because it is impolite to sit on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what nickname is Manju and Radha's father called?
2. Where is Pramod Sawant the head cricket coach in Part One?
3. How much money does Manju carry to buy peanuts and water after the cricket game in Part One?
4. How long ago does the narrator say Manju and Radha's father brought them to Mumbai when Pramod first begins following Manju's games in Part One?
5. How old is Pramod Sawant described during his meeting with Tommy Sir in the beginning of Part One?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)