|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from the Prologue means "darkness"?
2. At what time would Radha's father take him out every day for cricket practice when he was four years old, according to the narrator in the beginning of the novel?
3. What Biblical verse is cited in the opening of the novel with the line: "My heritage is ... like a lion in the forest; it criest out against me"?
(a) Psalm 27:4.
(b) John 15:13.
(c) Jeremiah 12:8.
(d) Proverbs 17:17.
4. What river is described in Part One as "a rock-filled sewer, lit up by egrets and the flutter of a paddy-bird returning to its nest of twigs"?
(a) The Indus River.
(b) The Godavari River.
(c) The Dahisar River.
(d) The Ganges River.
5. How old is Pramod Sawant described during his meeting with Tommy Sir in the beginning of Part One?
(a) His late 20s.
(b) His early 30s.
(c) His early 40s.
(d) His late 40s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What playwright does Tommy Sir quote in Part One in saying, "... they haven't spoken English in America in decades"?
2. When does Part One of the novel open?
3. When did Tommy Sir get married?
4. Tommy Sir tells Pramod in Part One of Manju, "Pramod, the idea that the boy has to be either real or a fake is" what?
5. What does "MIG" refer to in the MIG Cricket Club?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)