|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 195 - 242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Radha catch a bus as he fled after attacking the cricket player on Selection Day?
(a) The Oval Maidan.
(c) Crawford Market.
2. By what term does Tommy Sir describe Mohan as being when he talks to Srinivas at the cricket game in Part One?
(a) A lazy father.
(b) A manipulator.
(c) A control freak.
(d) A cheat.
3. What is the sacred fire within the Subramanya temple referred to as in the narrative?
(a) The arrk.
(b) The aarthi.
(c) This vis.
(d) The vasuki.
4. Of Sofia, the narrator says, "... she could pull anything off: she knew her prerogative as a rich girl in Mumbai, which was to be" what?
(a) "Like her mother."
(b) "The fulfiller of her father's wishes."
(c) "One step ahead of the city she lived in."
(d) "A ghost on the walls, silent and obedient."
5. What does Tommy Sir do after his confrontation with Manju in the dressing room the day after Selection Day?
(a) He calls his wife.
(b) He smokes a cigarette.
(c) He calls Tommy Sir.
(d) He calls Mohan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Javed take Manju in a taxi after telling him that he is leaving cricket?
2. What does Mehta force Manju to drink after his brother has fled on Selection Day?
3. What is Manju's statistic of strike rate (per 100 balls) three months before Selection Day?
4. Whom does Manju thank for "this exquisite opportunity to experience first-hand the uplifting culture of the United Kingdom" in a statement after he returns from England?
5. The spotty-necked girl says, regarding cricket, when she is out with Manju and Radha in Part One that nothing that does what can be called a sport?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)