Pages 1 - 59
1. What Biblical verse is cited in the opening of the novel with the line: "My heritage is ... like a lion in the forest; it criest out against me"?
(a) Jeremiah 12:8.
(b) Proverbs 17:17.
(c) Psalm 27:4.
(d) John 15:13.
2. What does the narrator tell pen-tops they really are in the opening of the novel?
3. What is the only thing in this world that is tasteless, according to the narrator in the beginning of the novel?
4. At what time would Radha's father take him out every day for cricket practice when he was four years old, according to the narrator in the beginning of the novel?
5. What word from the Prologue means "darkness"?
6. What is the mother tongue for Manju and Radha?
7. When does Part One of the novel open?
(a) Two years before Selection Day.
(b) Three years before Selection Day.
(c) Three months before Selection Day.
(d) Three weeks before Selection Day.
This section contains 4,472 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)