Pages 1 - 59
• Note: The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Adiga, Aravind. Selection Day. Scribner, 2016.
• Selection Day is a 2016 novel by Indo-Australian author Aravind Adiga.
• Set largely in modern Mumbai and against the motif of the sport of cricket, the novel is related from a third-person narrator focusing on the perspectives of several main characters.
• The principal protagonist, Manju Kumar, is introduced in the Prologue as an infant with a fascination with touching and tasting the things around him.
• Part One of the novel begins with Mumbai Cricket Association coach Pramod Sawant attempting to convince talent scout Tommy Sir to come and witness the athletic prowess of the two Kumar brothers, Radha and Manju, who are in their early teens.
• Tommy Sir shows little interest in the Kumar brothers, but Coach Pramod tells the boys to meet with Tommy Sir at the...
This section contains 1,454 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)