|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heroism | The Over-Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose minds are formed in a certain direction, according to "Spiritual Laws"?
(b) The unenlightened.
2. Into how many categories does prudence manifest itself, according to Emerson?
(b) At least five.
3. According to Emerson's "The Over-Soul", which of the following is NOT the essence of the over-soul?
(a) Intellectual discussion.
(b) Human consciousness.
(c) An indwelling sense of God.
4. The power of ______ lies in their ability to awaken us to the universal and timeless laws of man and nature.
(d) The arts.
5. At what college did Emerson give "The American Scholar" as an address?
(c) New York University.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Self-Reliance", what can bring you peace?
2. What, with friendship, creates a "cordial goodwill," according to "Friendship"?
3. Each person has his or her own vocation that can be discovered by ______.
4. What is the ultimate effect of two lovers drawing closer to each other spiritually?
5. Which of the following is the Gospel that makes mention of repetition of the Lord's Supper in worship, according to Emerson?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)