|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heroism | The Over-Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Compensation", by what is mankind defined?
2. According to "Self-Reliance", the important thing is to be one's ______.
(a) Spiritual self.
(b) Authentic self.
(c) Natural self.
(d) Inner self.
3. In what year was "Nature" published?
4. Into how many categories does prudence manifest itself, according to Emerson?
(d) At least five.
5. According to "Compensation", which of the following is NOT one of the realms mentioned that achieves a balance between positive and negative forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was "The Transcendentalist" originally delivered?
2. How should history be understood, according to Emerson's essay "History"?
3. According to "An Address", what subverts the truly moral character of man?
4. What, with friendship, creates a "cordial goodwill," according to "Friendship"?
5. What is bereft of models of heroism, according to Emerson's "Heroism"?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)