|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ezra Ripley, D.D..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Plato emphasize over the body, according to "Plato, or the Philosopher"?
(a) The heart.
(b) Human relationships.
(c) The human soul.
2. What group did Emerson share "Ezra Ripley, D.D." with?
(a) A local library group.
(b) Concord's daily newspaper.
(c) Boston College.
(d) The Social Circle of Concord.
3. What word did Plato use to explain opposites joined together, according to "Plato, or the Philosopher"?
4. To whom is "Ezra Ripley, D.D." a tribute?
(a) Emerson's stepfather.
(b) Emerson's uncle.
(c) Emerson's childhood best friend.
(d) Emerson's academic advisor.
5. What philosopher did Emerson say was the beginning and end of all philosophy?
(b) Immanuel Kant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Plato born?
2. How does Emerson describe Ripley?
3. What does Emerson say people hope to have happen to old patterns?
4. Whose principles, which led to a new age in quantum physics, are similar to the ideas hinted at in "Circles"?
5. How do people try to change old patterns in their lives?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)