|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the second section of A Practical Code of Behavior, what does Cicero argue cannot be weighed against advantage?
(b) Ideal right.
2. Who bore a resemblance to wise men, but were not according to Cicero?
(a) The Oracles.
(b) Antony's supporters.
(c) The Seven Wise Men.
(d) The senators.
3. What happened to Curio's friend after Antony's election as augur?
(a) He received money.
(b) He was invited to be a senator.
(c) He fled Rome.
(d) He was condemned for the use of violence.
4. According to Cicero, what is the most serious crime a man can commit?
(a) To kill a tyrant.
(b) To kill a woman.
(c) To kill an enemy.
(d) To kill a friend.
5. What would make it right for an honest man to steal from a tyrant to save his life according to Cicero?
(a) Common sense.
(c) Human nature.
(d) Common interest.
6. What was the former position of Antony's father-in-law?
7. What does justice demand of individuals?
(c) Clarity of mind.
8. What did Anthony claim to have done during the election of the augurship?
(a) To have won the election.
(b) To have bought votes.
(c) To not have participated.
(d) To have retired in Cicero's favor.
9. What are goodness and right?
(a) Never used together.
10. What was Publius Clodius' main quality?
11. Who would have prevented Antony from going to Cicero's home, according to Cicero?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(c) Cicero himself.
(d) Gaius Scribonius Curio.
12. Who rescued the Senate from annihilation according to Cicero?
13. What definition does Cicero give of a sharp practice?
(a) Making money with a partner.
(b) Making money honestly.
(c) Making money selling food.
(d) Making money based on fraud.
14. Why did Cicero ironically think Antony broke off the relationship with him?
(a) To make friends of judges.
(b) To make friends in disreputable circles.
(c) To please Cicero's old enemies.
(d) To make friends in reputable circles.
15. The invisible man should listen to ___________.
(a) His friends.
(b) The law.
(c) His true good.
(d) The oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cicero states that men shouldn't covet __________.
2. What will the law always imperfectly mirror according to Cicero?
3. What should the invisible man do according to Cicero?
4. How does the dishonest man hide his crimes in section five?
5. Who was Hannibal's father?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)