|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cicero characterize robbery?
(c) Human like.
2. What was Publius Clodius' main quality?
3. What would make it right for an honest man to steal from a tyrant to save his life according to Cicero?
(a) Common sense.
(c) Human nature.
(d) Common interest.
4. What should happen to people who steal?
(a) They should be cut from society.
(b) They should be forgiven.
(c) They should be put to death.
(d) They should experience the same crime.
5. Which of Antony's accusations does Cicero find the most serious?
(a) Cicero started the feud between them.
(b) Antony started the feud between them.
(c) The people of Rome hate Cicero.
(d) The Roman Senate is corrupt.
6. What are goodness and right?
(b) Never used together.
7. What fate did Rome's enemies share over the past twenty years?
(a) Political functions.
8. Who is modeling his actions after Rome's past enemies?
9. In what spirit does Antony take a step to attack Cicero verbally?
10. What would have benefited Antony had he visited Cicero's home?
(a) His orator's skills.
(b) His reputation and morals.
(c) His physical strength.
(d) His honesty.
11. What was Catiline's main quality according to Cicero?
(b) Good orator.
12. What does Caesar claim was always advantageous according to Cicero?
(a) Military victories.
(c) Immoral actions.
(d) Morally right actions.
13. In the second section of A Practical Code of Behavior, who can see how goodness and rightness are related?
(b) People with flowed logic.
(c) People with low intelligence.
(d) People with perfect wisdom.
14. Cicero believed that __________ is a united body.
(a) The judges.
(b) The military.
15. What would explain Antony trying to put Cicero at odds with the Senate?
(a) He wants to take Cicero's place in the Senate.
(b) He wants to disband the Senate.
(c) He wants to compete with Cicero as a speaker.
(d) He wants to ban Cicero from Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the dishonest man hide his crimes in section five?
2. What does Cicero say might sometimes be in the advantage of a country?
3. What should the invisible man do according to Cicero?
4. What favor did Cicero acknowledge Antony did for him?
5. What reason does Antony give for visiting Cicero's house?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)