|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fate did Rome's enemies share over the past twenty years?
(d) Political functions.
2. The invisible man should listen to ___________.
(a) His true good.
(b) The oracle.
(c) The law.
(d) His friends.
3. What reason could a sick man use to break a promise of payment?
(a) Pay for a more comfortable bed.
(b) Party one last time.
(c) To buy medicine.
(d) Leave money to his children.
4. What does justice demand of individuals?
(b) Clarity of mind.
5. According to Cicero in Attack on an Enemy of Freedom, The Second Philippic against Antony, what did Rome's enemies have in common?
(a) They made an enemy of Cicero as well.
(b) They were all Romans.
(c) They were all senators.
(d) They were old men.
6. Who helped Antony be elected as augur?
(b) Quintus Hortensius.
7. According to Cicero, toward whom is his work targeted?
(a) Those who can't see that goodness and rightness are synonymous.
(b) Antony's supporters.
(c) Cicero's supporters.
(d) The Senate.
8. What does Cicero believe can make society fall apart?
(a) Men acting only in their self interest.
(b) The Stoic influence.
(c) Barbarian invasion.
(d) Greek influence.
9. What part of society does Cicero analyze in section seven?
(a) Social life.
(b) The law.
(c) The individual.
10. What does Cicero think cannot be done by Antony?
(a) Disparage Cicero in front of the senate.
(b) Banish Cicero.
(c) Disparage Cicero in front of the tribune.
(d) Accuse Cicero of a false crime.
11. What will the law always imperfectly mirror according to Cicero?
(d) The human condition.
12. Who would have prevented Antony from going to Cicero's home, according to Cicero?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Cicero himself.
(c) Gaius Scribonius Curio.
13. Whom does Cicero believe became the conqueror's chief gangster?
14. How does Cicero see the theme of criticizing Antony and justifying himself?
(b) Too long to dive into.
(c) Too short.
(d) Rich and promising.
15. Which of Antony's accusations does Cicero find the most serious?
(a) The people of Rome hate Cicero.
(b) Antony started the feud between them.
(c) Cicero started the feud between them.
(d) The Roman Senate is corrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first section of A Practical Code of Behavior, whom does Cicero praise?
2. What reason does Antony give for visiting Cicero's house?
3. What was the former position of Antony's father-in-law?
4. What was Publius Clodius' main quality?
5. What should happen to people who steal?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)