|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Cato the Elder on Old Age, On Old Age.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Roman citizens under Verres' rule in Sicily?
(a) They were rewarded with many riches.
(b) They were forcibly enrolled in the military.
(c) They were sent to Egypt.
(d) They were put to death like slaves.
2. Cato says that no one should hope for __________.
(a) A painless death.
(c) A quick death.
3. How many men came to Cicero's house according to the eighteenth letter?
(a) 20 men.
(b) 200 men.
(c) 2 men.
(d) 2000 men.
4. According to Cato, the act of dying can be ______________.
5. How long did Cicero spend investigating Verres in Sicily?
(a) 110 days.
(b) 75 days.
(c) 40 days.
(d) 50 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Antony be elected as augur?
2. What part of society does Cicero analyze in section seven?
3. Who is the recipient of the fifteenth letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
4. What developing trait can offset lost physical strength according to Cato?
5. The invisible man should listen to ___________.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)