|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Cato the Elder on Old Age, On Old Age.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Cicero spend investigating Verres in Sicily?
(a) 110 days.
(b) 40 days.
(c) 75 days.
(d) 50 days.
2. In the twentieth letter, Cicero is glad of __________.
(a) His wife's visit.
(b) Caesar's death.
(c) Caesar's rise to power.
(d) Tiro's remission.
3. What did Sicily's praetor, speaking as the consul, tell Sicilians about Verres?
(a) Verres will flee Italy.
(b) Verres is asking for their pardon.
(c) Verres will be convicted.
(d) There is no possibility of Verres being convicted.
4. Whom does Cicero see in Rome according to the twenty-second letter?
5. What should the invisible man do according to Cicero?
(a) Forgive himself.
(b) Exile himself.
(c) Continue to enrich himself.
(d) Resist temptation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first section of A Practical Code of Behavior, whom does Cicero praise?
2. Whom does Cicero call "brave men"?
3. In the eighteenth letter, who came to Cicero's house?
4. According to Cicero, what would be the wrong thing for a merchant to do if there was knowledge of a food shortage?
5. According to Cicero in his fourth argument, what position did Verres occupy when he embezzled public money and abandoned his province?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)