|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Practical Code of Behavior, On Duties, III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cicero in his sixth argument against Verres, what did Verres try to do after the consular comitia?
(a) Choose a new lawyer.
(b) Bribe judges.
(d) Plead guilty.
2. What danger does Cicero foresee despite preparing his case against Verres so well?
(a) Verres will flee.
(b) Verres will be acquitted.
(c) Verres will be convicted.
(d) Verres will seek revenge.
3. Who is Sicily's praetor?
(b) Marcus Glabrio.
(c) Lucius Metellus.
(d) Marcus Caesonius.
4. How long did Cicero spend investigating Verres in Sicily?
(a) 110 days.
(b) 40 days.
(c) 50 days.
(d) 75 days.
5. What are Cicero feelings about Pompey's decision to go against Caesar?
(a) Pompey is wrong.
(b) He does not want to take sides.
(c) Pompey is right.
(d) He wants to be part of the coup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the god's temples did Verres spare from being raided in Sicily?
2. With what are the Roman tribunals branded?
3. Why does Caesar claim to need Cicero?
4. What does Cicero say never advances the interests of an individual?
5. What is Scipio's son's name?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)