|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Practical Code of Behavior, On Duties, III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the fifteenth letter, how does Cicero qualify the state of the country?
(b) In revolt.
(c) In chaos.
(d) In trouble.
2. What reason could a sick man use to break a promise of payment?
(a) Leave money to his children.
(b) Party one last time.
(c) Pay for a more comfortable bed.
(d) To buy medicine.
3. According to Cicero, whose ideal is "to live consistently with nature"?
4. What is at stake if Lucius refuses to identify himself with the cause of Roman freedom, according to the final letter?
(a) Lucius' position.
(b) Lucius' money.
(c) Lucius' life.
(d) Lucius' citizenship.
5. What philosophy does Panaetius follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cicero, toward whom is his work targeted?
2. Who interprets right as the only good according to Cicero?
3. What should the invisible man do according to Cicero?
4. According to Cicero in his first point in Attack on Misgovernment, Against Verres I, how does Cicero see the court as being?
5. Why does Caesar claim to need Cicero?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)