|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Practical Code of Behavior, On Duties, III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cicero expressing concern for in his third letter?
2. Who is the recipient of the fifteenth letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
(c) Marcus Terentius Varro.
3. According to Cicero in his fourth argument, what position did Verres occupy when he embezzled public money and abandoned his province?
4. Whom does Cicero call "brave men"?
(a) Two Deciuses.
(b) Two Gurios.
(c) Two verres.
(d) Two senators.
5. What caused dissension, according to the final letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
(a) Lucius' bribes.
(b) Lucius' influence.
(c) Lucius' letter.
(d) Lucius' speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the twentieth letter, Cicero is glad of __________.
2. How does Cicero say a man can balance advantages and rightness?
3. According to certain people, what can excuse wrong doing?
4. Whose speech does Cicero go and listen to according to the twenty-first letter?
5. In Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence, to whom did Cicero write the first letter?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)