|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Practical Code of Behavior, On Duties, III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cicero characterize robbery?
(c) Human like.
2. According to Cicero, who is the best tragic poet?
(b) Quintus Ennius.
(c) Marcus Pacuvius.
3. What is at stake if Lucius refuses to identify himself with the cause of Roman freedom, according to the final letter?
(a) Lucius' life.
(b) Lucius' citizenship.
(c) Lucius' money.
(d) Lucius' position.
4. Who helped Cicero fend off attempts by Verres to tarnish him?
(a) The consul.
(b) The police.
(c) The Senate.
(d) His friends.
5. How many children does Cicero say he has in his third letter?
(a) One child.
(b) Three children.
(c) Two children.
(d) No children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the respected men whom Cicero discusses have in common?
2. What are Cicero feelings about Pompey's decision to go against Caesar?
3. What did Anthony claim to have done during the election of the augurship?
4. What argument did Anthony use to justify going after Cicero?
5. To whom did Cicero send the final letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)