|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Practical Code of Behavior, On Duties, III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the twenty-first letter, what is Cicero's reaction to the speech which he heard?
(a) It was inconsistent.
(b) It was bad.
(c) It was short.
(d) It was good.
2. What differentiated Antony from Cicero's past enemies?
(a) Antony took the initiative against Cicero instead of Cicero going after Antony.
(b) Cicero took the initiative against Antony instead of Antony going after Cicero.
(c) Cicero was younger than Antony.
(d) Cicero and Antony physically fought.
3. What part of society does Cicero analyze in section seven?
(a) The individual.
(b) The law.
(d) Social life.
4. Who restored the tribunes?
(a) Cnaeus Pompeius.
(b) Quintus Catulus.
(c) Marcus Atilius.
(d) Cnaeus Tremellius.
5. What should the invisible man do according to Cicero?
(a) Resist temptation.
(b) Exile himself.
(c) Forgive himself.
(d) Continue to enrich himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cicero in his eleventh argument against Verres, who is his adversary in the courtroom?
2. What does Cicero argue can be broken in section nine?
3. Who requested that Cicero take the case against Verres?
4. What does Verres do with the money embezzled during his third year as Sicilian praetor?
5. Who would have prevented Antony from going to Cicero's home, according to Cicero?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)