|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Practical Code of Behavior, On Duties, III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cicero believed that __________ is a united body.
(b) The military.
(d) The judges.
2. How much money did Verres embezzled?
(a) 400,000 sesterces.
(b) 10,000 sesterces.
(c) 400,000,000 sesterces.
(d) 300,000 sesterces.
3. What are the moral standards of Publius Sulpicius, the judge?
(a) Open to bribes.
(d) Solemn and upright.
4. Who helped Cicero fend off attempts by Verres to tarnish him?
(a) His friends.
(b) The consul.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The police.
5. Which of the god's temples did Verres spare from being raided in Sicily?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero state cannot happen in a court of law?
2. What consul, in particular, is Cicero happy with according to the twenty-third letter?
3. Where was Cicero going when he wrote the second letter?
4. According to Cicero in his fourth argument, what position did Verres occupy when he embezzled public money and abandoned his province?
5. According to the twenty-first letter, what is Cicero's reaction to the speech which he heard?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)