|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Attack on an Enemy of Freedom, The Second Philippic against Antony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the twentieth letter, Cicero is glad of __________.
(a) Caesar's rise to power.
(b) Tiro's remission.
(c) Caesar's death.
(d) His wife's visit.
2. What was Catiline's main quality according to Cicero?
(a) Good orator.
3. What will stop Cicero's fight against wicked men?
(a) His wedding.
(b) A large amount of money.
(c) His retirement.
(d) His death.
4. Whom does Cicero believe became the conqueror's chief gangster?
5. Whom does Cicero call "brave men"?
(a) Two Gurios.
(b) Two verres.
(c) Two senators.
(d) Two Deciuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the new consul elect tell Verres when Verres congratulated him for his victory?
2. What danger does Cicero foresee despite preparing his case against Verres so well?
3. What will Cicero be after Hortensius is consul?
4. Who was Hannibal's father?
5. In the eighteenth letter, who came to Cicero's house?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)