|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Attack on Misgovernment, Against Verres I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cicero in his first point in Attack on Misgovernment, Against Verres I, how does Cicero see the court as being?
(a) In good moral standing.
(b) In chaos.
(c) In disarray.
(d) In discredit.
2. What does Cicero promise to the Roman people?
(a) To raise taxes.
(b) To convict Verres.
(c) To be corrupt.
(d) To be honorable and fair.
3. What will stop Cicero's fight against wicked men?
(a) A large amount of money.
(b) His death.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His retirement.
4. In what did Verres put his expectation of safety?
(b) The judges.
(d) His innocence.
5. Marcus Atilius was convicted of ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero state cannot happen in a court of law?
2. What virtue does Cicero hope Marcus Glabrio inherited from his father?
3. According to Cicero in his eighteenth argument against Verres, what will change during the trial in comparison to the "old mode"?
4. What defeated Verres' imprudence in selecting the judges to attempt to bribe?
5. What is the personal connection between Verres and Metellus?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)