|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Attack on Misgovernment, Against Verres I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many senators have been condemned by the courts since restoring the tribunes?
2. According to Cicero in his fourth argument, what position did Verres occupy when he embezzled public money and abandoned his province?
3. What is the personal connection between Verres and Metellus?
(a) Childhood friend.
(b) Step brother.
4. What virtue does Cicero hope Marcus Glabrio inherited from his father?
(a) Resisting audacious men.
(b) Physical strength.
(c) Financial planning.
(d) Staying sober.
5. What qualifies Quintus Catulus, according to Cicero?
(a) Sagacity and dishonesty.
(b) Poor judgment and honor.
(c) Poor judgment and dishonesty.
(d) Sagacity and honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cicero in his first point in Attack on Misgovernment, Against Verres I, how does Cicero see the court as being?
2. In what did Verres put his expectation of safety?
3. What does Cicero state cannot happen in a court of law?
4. What defeated Verres' imprudence in selecting the judges to attempt to bribe?
5. Who was elected consul during the election just prior to the start of the trial?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)