|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Attack on Misgovernment, Against Verres I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the personal connection between Verres and Metellus?
(b) Step brother.
(d) Childhood friend.
2. What are the moral standards of Publius Sulpicius, the judge?
(a) Solemn and upright.
(b) Open to bribes.
3. Who restored the tribunes?
(a) Quintus Catulus.
(b) Marcus Atilius.
(c) Cnaeus Tremellius.
(d) Cnaeus Pompeius.
4. Who hates Verres more than the Roman people in the fifteenth argument?
(c) The judges.
(d) Cnaeus Tremellius.
5. What does Cicero promise to the Roman people?
(a) To be corrupt.
(b) To be honorable and fair.
(c) To convict Verres.
(d) To raise taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Verres embezzled?
2. According to Cicero in his fourth argument, what position did Verres occupy when he embezzled public money and abandoned his province?
3. How long did Cicero spend investigating Verres in Sicily?
4. What defeated Verres' imprudence in selecting the judges to attempt to bribe?
5. Who requested that Cicero take the case against Verres?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)