|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence, to whom did Cicero write the first letter?
2. Who requested that Cicero take the case against Verres?
(a) The Sicilians.
(c) The consul.
(d) The praetor
3. Where was Cicero going when he wrote the second letter?
(a) To Cartage.
(b) To Vilnius.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To Epirus.
4. Marcus Atilius was convicted of ___________.
5. How many chests of money were left at "some senator's house"?
(a) Four chests.
(b) Eight chests.
(c) Five chests.
(d) Ten chests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused dissension, according to the final letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
2. In what did Verres put his expectation of safety?
3. How many senators have been condemned by the courts since restoring the tribunes?
4. Who wrote the ninth letter?
5. According to Cicero in his sixth argument against Verres, what did Verres try to do after the consular comitia?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)