|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the recipient of the fifteenth letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
(c) Marcus Terentius Varro.
2. What is the personal connection between Verres and Metellus?
(c) Step brother.
(d) Childhood friend.
3. How much money did Verres embezzled?
(a) 300,000 sesterces.
(b) 400,000,000 sesterces.
(c) 400,000 sesterces.
(d) 10,000 sesterces.
4. According to Cicero in his eighth argument against Verres, what responsibilities fell on Marcus Metellus?
(a) Treason trials.
(b) Petty theft trials.
(c) Murder trials.
(d) Extortion trials.
5. What happened to Roman citizens under Verres' rule in Sicily?
(a) They were put to death like slaves.
(b) They were sent to Egypt.
(c) They were rewarded with many riches.
(d) They were forcibly enrolled in the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the eighteenth letter, who came to Cicero's house?
2. Whom does Cicero see in Rome according to the twenty-second letter?
3. In Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence, to whom did Cicero write the first letter?
4. Who requested that Cicero take the case against Verres?
5. Where does Caesar invite Cicero in the thirteenth letter?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)