|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cicero in his eighth argument against Verres, what responsibilities fell on Marcus Metellus?
(a) Petty theft trials.
(b) Extortion trials.
(c) Treason trials.
(d) Murder trials.
2. Which of the god's temples did Verres spare from being raided in Sicily?
3. What does Cicero promise to the Roman people?
(a) To convict Verres.
(b) To be honorable and fair.
(c) To be corrupt.
(d) To raise taxes.
4. How many men came to Cicero's house according to the eighteenth letter?
(a) 20 men.
(b) 2000 men.
(c) 2 men.
(d) 200 men.
5. To whom did Cicero send the final letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Lucius Munatius Plancus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many chests of money were left at "some senator's house"?
2. Whom is Cicero blaming for his wife's sorrow in his third letter?
3. What happened to Roman citizens under Verres' rule in Sicily?
4. According to Cicero in his fourth argument against Verres, what was the name of the consul Verres betrayed?
5. To whom did Cicero write the second letter?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)