|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Attack on an Enemy of Freedom, The Second Philippic against Antony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the god's temples did Verres spare from being raided in Sicily?
2. What is Cicero's wife's name, as noted in his third letter?
3. Whom does Cicero see in Rome according to the twenty-second letter?
4. How does Cicero see the theme of criticizing Antony and justifying himself?
(a) Rich and promising.
(b) Too short.
(d) Too long to dive into.
5. Whom does Cicero believe became the conqueror's chief gangster?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cicero in his fourth argument, what position did Verres occupy when he embezzled public money and abandoned his province?
2. In what spirit does Antony take a step to attack Cicero verbally?
3. What post does Cicero say he is being offered in his third letter?
4. What is the main topic of the sixteenth letter?
5. In the fourteenth letter, Cicero claims that ___________ delivered Atticus' previous letter.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)