|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Attack on an Enemy of Freedom, The Second Philippic against Antony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would have prevented Antony from going to Cicero's home, according to Cicero?
(a) Cicero himself.
(b) Gaius Scribonius Curio.
(c) Julius Caesar.
2. What happened to Roman citizens under Verres' rule in Sicily?
(a) They were rewarded with many riches.
(b) They were forcibly enrolled in the military.
(c) They were put to death like slaves.
(d) They were sent to Egypt.
3. How many children does Cicero say he has in his third letter?
(a) One child.
(b) Two children.
(c) No children.
(d) Three children.
4. According to Cicero, whose ideal is "to live consistently with nature"?
5. What caused dissension, according to the final letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
(a) Lucius' speech.
(b) Lucius' letter.
(c) Lucius' bribes.
(d) Lucius' influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cicero believe became the conqueror's chief gangster?
2. Marcus Atilius was convicted of ___________.
3. Whom does Cicero call "brave men"?
4. Why does Caesar claim to need Cicero?
5. What argument did Anthony use to justify going after Cicero?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)