|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hats do the servants in 'Lo' wear?
(a) Stove pipe hats.
(b) Beaver skin hats.
(c) Three cornered hats.
(d) Top hats.
2. What war took place shortly before 'Lo' began?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The French and Indian War.
3. Who was the old man in 'Beyond' surrounded by when he died?
(a) His nephews.
(b) His sons.
(c) His students.
(d) His slaves.
4. What does Vatch give Jubal to drink?
5. Which of the following is NOT something the Dutch farmer in 'Lo' wants recompense for?
(a) The ravaging of his wife.
(b) The death of his cow.
(c) The burning of his barn.
(d) The escape of his black slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Howard's wife crying when Buck sees her one day?
2. Which of the following was NOT a job taken by Buck after the war?
3. Who takes letters from Narcissa?
4. Where did Jubal's master get wounded?
5. What kind of vessel uses a turnabout in 'Turnabout'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange thing happens on Claude's first air raid?
2. What did the president in 'Lo' purchase for his servants, and why?
3. How does Faulkner describe the quiet in the Sartoris house?
4. What is the main motivation of Miss Jenny in 'There Was a Queen'?
5. What does the president in 'Lo' tell his guards to do to stop the Indian Delegation from coming to the White House a second time?
6. What does the judge in 'Beyond' do shortly after his death, and why?
7. How does Vatch say he once killed a rebel?
8. Who is the judge in 'Beyond' surrounded by when he dies, and why?
9. What question does Captain Bogard ask himself at the end of 'Turnabout'?
10. How did the judge's son in 'Beyond' die?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)