|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of servants are used in 'Lo'?
(a) Black slaves.
(b) White orphans.
(c) Irish men.
2. What do the servants in 'Lo' leave on the floor for others to trip over?
(a) Dream catchers.
(b) Gnawed bones.
(d) Enchanted sticks.
3. Who takes letters from Narcissa?
(b) Her husband.
(c) A banker.
(d) Her son.
4. Where does Sadie like to sleep?
(a) In a cot near Virginia.
(b) On a sofa.
(c) On a pallet in the kitchen.
(d) In Vriginia's unused bed.
5. What kind of vessel uses a turnabout in 'Turnabout'?
(a) A ship.
(b) A carrier.
(c) A jeep.
(d) A plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Virginia Sartoris known as?
2. Why is Howard's wife crying when Buck sees her one day?
3. What is Claude taught to do in a plane in 'Turnabout'?
4. What is Howard's wife doing just before she and Buck have an affair?
5. What is Claude arrested for in 'Turnabout'?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vatch say he once killed a rebel?
2. What does Hule ask Weddel to do in 'Mountain Victory'?
3. What does the president do when the French Delegation comes to the White House in 'Lo'?
4. Who is the judge in 'Beyond' surrounded by when he dies, and why?
5. What would have happened had Captain Bogards risky move in 'Turnabout' not succeeded?
6. What does Buck receive six months after his affair is revealed to Howard?
7. How does Buck feel during the awkward confrontation with Howard after his affair with Mildred?
8. What does the president in 'Lo' do when Weddel's uncle comes to the White House?
9. What does Mildred do when she first sees Buck after their affair in 'Honor'?
10. What happens as Weddel and Hule are leaving Vatch's house?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)