|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jubal sleep at Vatch's house?
(a) The wagon.
(b) The barn.
(c) The well shed.
(d) The bedroom.
2. What was Buck's occupation in the military?
(d) Supply man.
3. What kind of man does Narcissa have to dinner?
(a) An Irish man.
(b) A poor man.
(c) A British man.
(d) A Jewish man.
4. What war was taking place in 'Turnabout?
(a) The Mexican American War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
5. What does the young boy in 'Beyond' do when he gets bored?
(a) Fades away.
(d) Yells and screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Claude to do the thing that got him arrested?
2. Who does the old man in 'Beyond' say he would like to meet outside his house rather than the group of people there?
3. What is Howard's occupation?
4. Which of the following is NOT something the Dutch farmer in 'Lo' wants recompense for?
5. What does Jubal do after drinking too much of what was offered him at Vatch's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vatch say he once killed a rebel?
2. What would have happened had Captain Bogards risky move in 'Turnabout' not succeeded?
3. How does Buck feel during the awkward confrontation with Howard after his affair with Mildred?
4. Why does Weddel say he cannot leave immediately from Vatch's house in 'Mountain Victory'?
5. What does the president in 'Lo' do when Weddel's uncle comes to the White House?
6. How did the judge's son in 'Beyond' die?
7. Why does Captain Bogard miss seeing the hit on the Argentinian ship in 'Turnabout'?
8. What does the judge in 'Beyond' do shortly after his death, and why?
9. What strange thing happens on Claude's first air raid?
10. What does the president do when the French Delegation comes to the White House in 'Lo'?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)