|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Buck's occupation in the military?
(d) Supply man.
2. Where does Virginia like her wheelchair placed near the end of her life?
(a) A window.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The fireplace.
(d) The front doors.
3. What kind of man does Narcissa have to dinner?
(a) A Jewish man.
(b) A British man.
(c) An Irish man.
(d) A poor man.
4. What does a white man build along the Mississippi River in 'Lo'?
(a) A toll bridge.
(b) A ferry.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A dam.
5. What does the old man in 'Beyond' have a picture of in his briefcase?
(a) His dream home.
(b) His wedding.
(c) His mother and father.
(d) His son on a pony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a man in 'Beyond' roll his car on his wedding day?
2. What do the patrols in 'Turnabout' keep a tally of?
3. What is Claude taught to do in a plane in 'Turnabout'?
4. What war was taking place in 'Turnabout?
5. What is the name of Howard's wife in 'Honor'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman with the boy in 'Beyond' say when she sees the picture of the judge's son?
2. What does the president in 'Lo' do when Weddel's uncle comes to the White House?
3. What would have happened had Captain Bogards risky move in 'Turnabout' not succeeded?
4. What does the judge in 'Beyond' do shortly after his death, and why?
5. How does Faulkner describe the quiet in the Sartoris house?
6. What does the president do when the French Delegation comes to the White House in 'Lo'?
7. How does Vatch say he once killed a rebel?
8. Why does Weddel say he cannot leave immediately from Vatch's house in 'Mountain Victory'?
9. Why does Captain Bogard miss seeing the hit on the Argentinian ship in 'Turnabout'?
10. What did the president in 'Lo' purchase for his servants, and why?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)