|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jubal's master get wounded?
(a) A beating.
(b) The war.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A bar fight.
2. What causes the main characteristic of the generation described in 'Honor'?
(a) The discipline.
(b) The education.
(c) The government.
(d) The wars.
3. What does Jubal do after drinking too much of what was offered him at Vatch's house?
(c) Throws up.
(d) Passes out.
4. What does Vatch give Jubal to drink?
5. What kind of man does Narcissa have to dinner?
(a) A Jewish man.
(b) An Irish man.
(c) A poor man.
(d) A British man.
6. What does the young boy in 'Beyond' do when he gets bored?
(a) Fades away.
(c) Yells and screams.
7. Where does Howard's wife announce her decision to leave her husband?
(a) The airfield.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Her living room.
(d) The library.
8. What is Claude arrested for in 'Turnabout'?
(a) Being late with a supply run.
(b) Misusing the uniform.
(c) Leaking out secrets.
(d) Sleeping while on duty.
9. What generation is described in 'Honor'?
(a) The peaceful generation.
(b) The fighting generation.
(c) The needed generation.
(d) The lost generation.
10. What is Howard's wife doing just before she and Buck have an affair?
11. What irritates the old man in 'Beyond' when he dies?
(a) The bad weather.
(b) His weakness.
(c) His loneliness.
(d) The cries of his servants.
12. Where does Narcissa say she is going for 3 days?
13. What gift do the servants in 'Lo' bring to the president?
(a) A costume.
(b) An old legend.
(c) A map.
(d) All of these.
14. Why did a man in 'Beyond' roll his car on his wedding day?
(a) To scare a biker.
(b) To keep the car clean.
(c) To keep things exciting.
(d) To avoid hitting a child.
15. Where does Virginia like her wheelchair placed near the end of her life?
(a) A window.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The front doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Howard's wife describe her decision to get a divorce?
2. What does the old man in 'Beyond' have a picture of in his briefcase?
3. What cut Buck's education short?
4. What is Benbow's nickname?
5. Who was the old man in 'Beyond' surrounded by when he died?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)