|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man in 'Beyond' have a picture of in his briefcase?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) His son on a pony.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His dream home.
2. What was Faulkner during the war?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A cook.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A surgeon.
3. Where does Captain Bogard take Claude in 'Turnabout'?
(a) The brig.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bombing raid.
(d) His private office.
4. What was Buck's occupation in the military?
(d) Supply man.
5. What is wrong with Jubal's master in 'Mountain Victory'?
(a) He has one arm.
(b) He has one leg.
(c) He has one eye.
(d) He has slow speech.
6. What is Howard's wife doing just before she and Buck have an affair?
7. Where does Jubal sleep at Vatch's house?
(a) The well shed.
(b) The wagon.
(c) The barn.
(d) The bedroom.
8. Who takes letters from Narcissa?
(b) A banker.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
9. What does Buck compare his feelings for Howard's wife to?
(a) Matched pairs.
(b) Unfulfilled needs.
(c) Gasoline on a fire.
(d) Forbidden fruit.
10. What is Elnora's occupation?
11. What kind of vessel uses a turnabout in 'Turnabout'?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A ship.
(c) A carrier.
(d) A plane.
12. What causes Claude to do the thing that got him arrested?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He was angry.
(c) None of these.
(d) He was scared.
13. Where was Captain Bogard from?
14. Why did a man in 'Beyond' roll his car on his wedding day?
(a) To scare a biker.
(b) To keep the car clean.
(c) To avoid hitting a child.
(d) To keep things exciting.
15. What does Narcissa do to get her letters back?
(a) Trades in her son.
(b) Gives herself to an agent.
(c) Gives some bad information about Virginia.
(d) Pays a great deal of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the old man in 'Beyond'?
2. Where does Virginia like her wheelchair placed near the end of her life?
3. What did the old man in 'Beyond' like to debate about?
4. What is hanging to the plane in 'Turnabout'?
5. Where are Jubal and his master in 'Mountain Victory'?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)