|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is never named in 'Lo'?
(a) The servant.
(b) The secretary.
(c) The man.
(d) The president.
2. How does Howard's wife describe her decision to get a divorce?
3. What gift do the servants in 'Lo' bring to the president?
(a) An old legend.
(b) A map.
(c) All of these.
(d) A costume.
4. What is Elnora's occupation?
5. What does Narcissa do to get her letters back?
(a) Gives herself to an agent.
(b) Pays a great deal of money.
(c) Gives some bad information about Virginia.
(d) Trades in her son.
6. What is Virginia Sartoris known as?
(a) Mistress Jenna.
(b) Mademoiselle Ginny.
(c) Miss Jenny.
(d) Massa Virginia.
7. Why did a man in 'Beyond' roll his car on his wedding day?
(a) To keep the car clean.
(b) To keep things exciting.
(c) To avoid hitting a child.
(d) To scare a biker.
8. Who talks openly with Jubal about what Vatch's father once did to a rebel soldier?
(a) Vatch's father.
(b) Vatch's wife.
(d) Vatch's sister.
9. Where does Claude's plane land in 'Turnabout'?
(a) A field.
(b) A city street.
(c) An airstrip.
(d) The beach.
10. Where do the servants in 'Lo' go to bring the president a gift?
(a) His garden.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) His dining table.
(d) His office.
11. What do the patrols in 'Turnabout' keep a tally of?
(a) Basket masts.
(b) Russian invaders.
(c) Defectors from Germany.
(d) Air raids.
12. What was Faulkner during the war?
(a) A cook.
(b) A surgeon.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A pilot.
13. Where are Jubal and his master heading?
14. Who takes letters from Narcissa?
(a) A banker.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
15. What generation is described in 'Honor'?
(a) The needed generation.
(b) The fighting generation.
(c) The peaceful generation.
(d) The lost generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Claude to do the thing that got him arrested?
2. What is Howard's wife doing just before she and Buck have an affair?
3. What is the young boy in 'Beyond' bored with?
4. What irritates the old man in 'Beyond' when he dies?
5. What does the old man in 'Beyond' have a picture of in his briefcase?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)