|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Turnabout.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a banker owe Dilsey's replacement?
2. Which branch of the military does the older brother in 'Two Soldiers' plan to join when he hears about Pearl Harbor?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Marines.
3. Why are the taxes on Emily's house suspended?
(a) To make her father happy and content.
(b) To make up for her father's war service.
(c) To take pity on her loss.
(d) To keep her from leaving town.
4. Who tries to send the younger brother in 'Two Soldiers' home when he runs away from home?
(a) An older woman.
(b) A police officer.
(c) The recruiter.
(d) The older brother.
5. What is the name of the narrator of 'That Evening Sun'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Emily teach for a while?
2. Why does the Indian chief in 'Red Leaves' sell his slaves?
3. Where does the older brother in 'Two Soldiers' plan to join the military?
4. Who substitutes for Dilsey?
5. What bodily function do the Indians in 'Red Leaves' say is unhealthy?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)