|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through There Was a Queen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes letters from Narcissa?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) A banker.
2. Why does a man in 'Dry September' say it won't matter if they kill an innocent black man?
(a) They haven't had a good lynching in a while.
(b) They just want to send a message to the black population.
(c) They will dissuade all crime.
(d) All of these.
3. What is the man called when he says he does not believe Minne Cooper was raped?
(a) A "traitor".
(b) A "nigger lover".
(c) A "coward".
(d) A "Yankee".
4. What is the accused rapist's occupation in 'Dry September'?
(a) Night watchman.
5. Where does Narcissa say she is going for 3 days?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Narcissa do with her son when she returns from her trip?
2. Where does the man accused of rape in 'Dry September' work?
3. Where do the servants in 'Lo' go to bring the president a gift?
4. What is done to Hawkshaw before the murder in 'Dry September'?
5. What was the name of the man who built the Sartoris house?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)