Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first elegy, what happens to the images as the poem continues?
2. Which of the following feelings is not experienced by the poet in the first elegy of Book 1, Chapter 7?
3. Which of the following is contained in the appendix of Book 1, Chapter 7?
4. In the poem where the narrator is lying in bed, which item describes the narrator's day?
5. Each elegy is named with ___________________.
What themes and symbols seem to be significant in each of Rilke's poems? How do they set the tone for the poems?
What is the significance of rhyme scheme in a poem? What effect does translation have on rhyming in this book of poems? What is your opinion of the rhyming pattern of the poems?
What is the message of "For the Sake of a Single Poem"? What literary devices are used in the poem, and what effect do they have?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)