Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first elegy, what happens to the images as the poem continues?
2. Which of the following feelings is not experienced by the poet in the first elegy of Book 1, Chapter 7?
3. Which of the following is contained in the appendix of Book 1, Chapter 7?
4. In the poem where the narrator is lying in bed, which item describes the narrator's day?
5. Each elegy is named with ___________________.
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between poem and prose? How does Rilke use both? Which is a better technique for Rilke, in your opinion, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Of the poems in the book, which is your favorite? Why? What literary devices set the tone for that poem? Why is this pleasing?
Essay Topic 3
What themes and symbols seem to be significant in each of Rilke's poems? How do they set the tone for the poems?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)