|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first elegy, what happens to the images as the poem continues?
2. Which of the following feelings is not experienced by the poet in the first elegy of Book 1, Chapter 7?
3. Which of the following is contained in the appendix of Book 1, Chapter 7?
4. In the poem where the narrator is lying in bed, which item describes the narrator's day?
5. Each elegy is named with ___________________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the tone, message, and literary devices used in the poem "Requiem Friend." How do these elements work together to create a dramatic and emotionally-charged poem?
Essay Topic 2
How does Rilke use tone to convey a message? What literary techniques does he use to contribute to tone and message?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between poem and prose? How does Rilke use both? Which is a better technique for Rilke, in your opinion, and why?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)