Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first elegy, what happens to the images as the poem continues?
2. Which of the following feelings is not experienced by the poet in the first elegy of Book 1, Chapter 7?
3. Which of the following is contained in the appendix of Book 1, Chapter 7?
4. In the poem where the narrator is lying in bed, which item describes the narrator's day?
5. Each elegy is named with ___________________.
Essay Topic 1
How does Rilke use tone to convey a message? What literary techniques does he use to contribute to tone and message?
Essay Topic 2
What role does personfiication play in Rilke's work? Which poem is most effective in personification and why? What effect does personification have on the reader? Why do writers personify objects?
Essay Topic 3
How does Rilke use allusion in his poems? Why do you think he does this? How does Rilke mix allusion with creativity? Is it effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)