|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke : Chapter 4, Requiem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "Archaic Torso of Apollo," the poet is most similar to __________.
(a) A lover.
(b) A zookeeper.
(c) A museum visitor.
(d) A mother.
2. What type of religion is Bavaria known for?
3. What is the title of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) "New Poems II."
(c) "Black Cat."
(d) "Good Poems II."
4. Which animal is described as being a restless captive?
5. Which of the following would be an analogy used in Rilke's poetry for the way religion has changed?
(a) Getting an education when simpler people are happier.
(b) Laying out in the sun as opposed to worshipping it.
(c) Owning animals instead of worshipping them.
(d) Changing one's appearance instead of accepting it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Book 1, Chapter 2?
2. Which animal's motions are most notable through Rilke's poems?
3. How did the Bohemians feel about the country being annexed?
4. In "Requiem for a Friend," which of the following is left unclear?
5. What is the title of Book 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)