|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke : Chapter 4, Requiem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is evident in Rilke's poems?
(a) Pure research.
(b) Imagination combined with knowledge.
(c) Faith combined with imagination.
(d) Knowledge combined with contempt.
2. In "Requiem for a Friend," what moves the narrative character to travel?
(a) The memory of a lost home.
(b) The loss of a parent.
(c) The memory of a beloved pet.
(d) The memory of a friend.
3. In which way are the poems in the book presented?
(b) Alphabetical order.
(c) By subject.
(d) By the location in which they were written.
4. According to the poet, what is the main concern of the living?
5. What became of Bohemia?
(a) It was divided up among several different countries.
(b) It became a part of Canada.
(c) It became part of Russia.
(d) It became Czechoslovakia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal is described as being a restless captive?
2. Which of the following seems to have inspired Rilke the most?
3. What is a result of the discrepancy in translation in "I am the Anxious One"?
4. Which of the following is the name of one of Rilke's poems?
5. When were the poems published in Book 1, Chapter 2 ?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)