|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke : Chapter 4, Requiem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ancient women that Rilke describes called?
2. What does the second stanza of "I am the Anxious One" focus on?
3. How does Rilke feel at the beginning of "I am the Anxious One"?
4. Which animal's motions are most notable through Rilke's poems?
5. When the narrative character speaks to women in the streets, where do they speak from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows from "I have my dead"?
2. Which word best describes Rilke in the second stanza of "I am the Anxious One'?
3. How does Rilke describe the gazelle in the poem?
4. In the poem about the gazelle, which of the following is included?
5. What became of Bohemia?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)