|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke : Chapter 4, Requiem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of the poem that mentions Hermes?
(b) Indian Ocean.
(d) Mediterranean Sea.
2. Which animal is described as being a restless captive?
3. What is the title of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) "Ancient Women."
(b) "Old Poems."
(c) "New Poems."
(d) "These Animals."
4. Whom does the poet ask, "Tell me, must I travel?"
(a) A parent.
(b) A dead friend.
(c) A lover.
(d) A god.
5. What does the swan symbolize?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of religion is Bavaria known for?
2. Which word best describes Rilke in the second stanza of "I am the Anxious One'?
3. What is the title of Book 1, Chapter 1?
4. What does the author express in "Requiem for a Friend"?
5. In the poem about the gazelle, which of the following is included?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)