Book 1, Rainer Marie Rilke : Chapter 1, Hours & Pictures
1. What is the main difference between the English and German poems?
(a) The German poems rhyme better than the translation.
(b) The German poems are completely different and impossible to translate to English.
(c) The translation uses weaker description.
(d) The translation has a different message.
2. Where was Rilke from?
3. In which way are the poems in the book presented?
(a) By subject.
(c) Alphabetical order.
(d) By the location in which they were written.
4. What is the title of Book 1, Chapter 1?
(a) "The City of Time."
(b) "Time Square."
(c) "The Hours."
(d) "Anxious One."
5. When was Book 1, Chapter 1 written?
6. Who might find the introduction before the poems most informative?
(a) Those who do not agree with Rilke's opinions.
(b) Those who do not know about Germany's wars.
(c) Those who do not know about Bohemia or Rilke.
(d) Those who do not know about poem format.
This section contains 3,749 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)