Book 1, Rainer Marie Rilke : Chapter 1, Hours & Pictures
• Rainer Marie Rilke is from Bohemia, which was later annexed by Austrians. This resulted in resentment.
• The translations from German to English lose some qualities, such as literal words that don't translate and the rhyme that the German poems have.
• "I am the Anxious One" is about Rilke feeling anxious and discussing a relationship in which he is a dreamer.
• "I find you, Lord, in all Things and in all" is about the author being able to find the divine in all aspects of his life.
Book 1, The Selected Poems of Rainer Maria Rilke : Chapter 2, New Poems
• The poems in Book 1, Chapter 2 were published in 1907 and 1908.
• Three poems are about animals; one is about a panther, one about a swan, and the other about a gazelle.
• There is a poem about Rilke's father as a young man before Rilke was born...
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)