|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VI: After Hours.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What women are surrounding the speaker in "Sylvester's Dying Bed"?
(a) "The two best women I ever did meet."
(b) "All the womens in the town."
(c) "My mama and wife, lights of my life."
(d) "Mother Mary, sweet angel of mine."
2. What does Big Boy want his woman to share with him in "50-50"?
(a) Her kitchen -- and her garden.
(b) Her bed -- and her money.
(c) Her bed -- and her whole house.
(d) Her house -- and her new car.
3. Where is the speaker stuck between in "Border Line"?
(a) A rock and a hard place.
(b) Harlem and Queens.
(c) Living and dying.
(d) His wife's house and his girlfriend's house.
4. In "As I Grew Older," what does the speaker say he had nearly forgotten?
(a) His dream.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wallet.
5. Which continent features most prominently in "Selected Poems of Langston Hughes"?
(b) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the poems in "Selected Poems of Langston Hughes" organized?
2. What time does the speaker mention going down to the river in "Reverie on the Harlem River"?
3. Who sends the speaker a letter in "Personal"?
4. What is Joy driving in "Joy"?
5. Who is the congregation crying out to in "Shout"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)