|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V: Distance Nowhere.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows the speaker a bad luck card in "Bad Luck Card"?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A priest.
(c) A random person on the street.
(d) A relative.
2. Where is the dream a cocktail at in "Havana Dreams"?
(a) No one knows.
(c) Sloppy Joe's.
3. In "The Negro Speaks of Rivers," where does the speaker say he has been over time?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) The Euphrates.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The Congo.
4. What major era did Hughes contribute to?
(a) The Novelists' Novelty Time.
(b) The Harlem Renaissance.
(c) The Iron Age.
(d) The Birth of Slam Poetry.
5. Where is the speaker stuck between in "Border Line"?
(a) Harlem and Queens.
(b) His wife's house and his girlfriend's house.
(c) A rock and a hard place.
(d) Living and dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the speaker mention going down to the river in "Reverie on the Harlem River"?
2. What does the woman's pain tell her to do in "Strange Hurt"?
3. What are the waves kissing in "Moonlight Night: Carmel"?
4. What did Hattie want Hammond to buy when he was out?
5. Where does Aunt Sue get her stories from in "Aunt Sue's Stories"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)