|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XI: Madam to You.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is all that a snail knows in "Snail"?
(a) Sunrise and sunset.
(b) Shell and no shell.
(c) Weather and rose.
(d) The bottom of people's shoes.
2. According to the speaker in "To Be Somebody," where is there always room?
(a) In another's heart.
(b) At the top.
(c) In one's own mind.
(d) In dreams.
3. In "The Negro Speaks of Rivers," what does the speaker say his souls has done similar to a river?
(a) Rushed to the ocean.
(b) Flown with anger.
(c) Grown deep.
(d) Washed everything clean.
4. What is curved beneath Big Boy's arm in "Catch"?
(a) A Bible.
(b) The mermaid's tail.
(c) A few extra-long pieces of wheat.
(d) His son's teddy bear.
5. What does the speaker in "Little Old Letter" claim pen and paper have the power to do?
(a) Seal a deal.
(b) Take a person's life.
(c) Burn up and turn meaningless.
(d) Guarantee your rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the speaker think the distance is between "here and there" in the poem "Border Line"?
2. What does the speaker claim people do on the sea in "Long Trip"?
3. Which two countries are mentioned in "Seascape"?
4. Where did the speaker in "Late Last Night" sit and cry?
5. What does Madam say she'd do before she pays the rent to her landlord in "Madam and the Rent Man"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)