|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XI: Madam to You.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the speaker stuck between in "Border Line"?
(a) His wife's house and his girlfriend's house.
(b) A rock and a hard place.
(c) Harlem and Queens.
(d) Living and dying.
2. What does the speaker claim he, too, would do if he were a Gypsy?
(a) Wear beautiful, handmade clothes.
(b) Be psychic.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Steal people's money.
3. Where does the speaker find himself after dying in the poem "Judgment Day"?
(a) In Hell.
(b) Back in his childhood bedroom.
(c) Back in Atlanta.
(d) With God.
4. What does Big Boy want his woman to share with him in "50-50"?
(a) Her bed -- and her whole house.
(b) Her house -- and her new car.
(c) Her bed -- and her money.
(d) Her kitchen -- and her garden.
5. What does the speaker hope for her child in the poem "Lament over Love"?
(a) That he or she will not grow up to be poor.
(b) That he or she will stop being so bratty all the time.
(c) That he or she will go to college.
(d) The he or she will never love a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the tambourines being played for in "Tambourines"?
2. Why is the speaker fired from his job in "Fired"?
3. What is Big Boy going to do with the object on his shoulders in "Catch"?
4. What job does Ruby Brown have when the poem of her same name starts?
5. What are the waves kissing in "Moonlight Night: Carmel"?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)