|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XI: Madam to You.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the song for in "Genius Child"?
(a) The average child.
(b) A student.
(c) A former professor of the speaker.
(d) The genius child himself.
2. What "mellows to a golden note" in "Trumpet Player"?
3. What does the speaker in "Down and Out" want from her lover?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A new car.
4. What caused Madam to abandon her barbecue stand?
(a) Being mixed up with a no-good man.
(c) A fire from her huge barbecue pit.
(d) She just got bored and tired with it.
5. What is all that a snail knows in "Snail"?
(a) Shell and no shell.
(b) Weather and rose.
(c) Sunrise and sunset.
(d) The bottom of people's shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the waves kissing in "Moonlight Night: Carmel"?
2. Where is the dream a cocktail at in "Havana Dreams"?
3. What did the speaker's mother say when life hurt her in the poem "Spirituals"?
4. Where is Miss Michaelmas in "Southern Mammy Sings"?
5. What place is the speaker trying to avoid in "One-Way Ticket"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)