|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XI: Madam to You.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is all that a snail knows in "Snail"?
(a) Weather and rose.
(b) The bottom of people's shoes.
(c) Sunrise and sunset.
(d) Shell and no shell.
2. What would the speaker in "Young Gal's Blues" rather be dead than?
(a) Old and stupid.
(b) Poor and stupid.
(c) Ugly and old.
(d) Ugly and poor.
3. What is the name of the man in "Ballad of the Fortune Teller"?
4. What inanimate object speaks in "Heaven"?
5. What is one common theme in the poems presented in the "Feet o' Jesus" section of "Selected Poems of Langston Hughes"?
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker claim people do on the sea in "Long Trip"?
2. Where does Madam dream of playing the numbers in "Madam and the Number Writer"?
3. What 2 places does the speaker go to in "Young Gal's Blues"?
4. What does the speaker compare love to in "Lament over Love"?
5. How does the speaker attempt suicide the second time in "Life Is Fine"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)