|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV: Land and Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language, other than English, is used in the poem "Havana Dreams"?
2. What kind of cadence is "The Weary Blues" written in?
(a) The cadence of rap music.
(b) The cadence of a sermon.
(c) The cadence of classical music.
(d) The cadence of a blues song.
3. In "The Negro Speaks of Rivers," what does the speaker say his souls has done similar to a river?
(a) Flown with anger.
(b) Rushed to the ocean.
(c) Grown deep.
(d) Washed everything clean.
4. What did Hattie want Hammond to buy when he was out?
5. Who is listening to the stories Aunt Sue tells in "Aunt Sue's Stories"?
(a) A "brown-faced child."
(b) Her husband.
(c) No one, which is why the poem is so sad.
(d) The entire neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annoying habit of his Baby does the speaker address in "Morning After"?
2. What is Joy driving in "Joy"?
3. What is one common theme in the poems presented in the "Feet o' Jesus" section of "Selected Poems of Langston Hughes"?
4. What did the speaker's mother say when life hurt her in the poem "Spirituals"?
5. Where does Aunt Sue get her stories from in "Aunt Sue's Stories"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)