|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV: Land and Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hattie want Hammond to buy when he was out?
2. What are the tambourines being played for in "Tambourines"?
(a) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
3. Who is the congregation crying out to in "Shout"?
(a) The couple getting married that day.
(b) The newspaper reporter.
(c) The other church across the street.
4. What is curved beneath Big Boy's arm in "Catch"?
(a) A few extra-long pieces of wheat.
(b) His son's teddy bear.
(c) The mermaid's tail.
(d) A Bible.
5. What time does the speaker mention going down to the river in "Reverie on the Harlem River"?
(a) Five a.m.
(b) Two a.m.
(c) Three p.m.
(d) Ten p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cadence is "The Weary Blues" written in?
2. What does the speaker comment about one's sweetheart in "Reverie on the Harlem River"?
3. What supernatural figure appears in the poem "Sunday Morning Prophecy"?
4. What does the title "Litany" refer to?
5. What is Big Boy going to do with the object on his shoulders in "Catch"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)