|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VIII: Lament Over Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman's pain tell her to do in "Strange Hurt"?
(a) "Walk through the fire / To better know the rain."
(b) "Bathe in the river / As those before you have done."
(c) "You'll find rain better / Than shelter from the rain."
(d) "Go outside / To understand your inner turmoil."
2. What did the speaker do with his nickel in "Midnight Raffle"?
(a) Invest it.
(b) Put it in a raffle.
(c) Use it to catch a cab at midnight.
(d) Take his wife to a midnight movie.
3. What does the speaker in "Little Old Letter" claim pen and paper have the power to do?
(a) Seal a deal.
(b) Burn up and turn meaningless.
(c) Guarantee your rights.
(d) Take a person's life.
4. What annoying habit of his Baby does the speaker address in "Morning After"?
(c) Leaving dishes out all the time.
5. What did the speaker's lover do in "Late Last Night" that caused his/her heart to break?
(b) Lost all their money gambling.
(c) Had an affair.
(d) Look at him/her cross-eyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does the speaker in "Wake" tell his mourners to wear?
2. What kind of men does the speaker love in "Cora"?
3. What nickname does Sylvester give himself in "Sylvester's Dying Bed"?
4. What does Big Boy want his woman to share with him in "50-50"?
5. How does the speaker describe the trumpet player's music in "Trumpet Player"?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)