|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VIII: Lament Over Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker in "Misery" wish to hear?
(a) The sound of laughter again.
(c) Blues music.
(d) Her lover's voice.
2. What does the speaker comment about one's mother in "Reverie on the Harlem River"?
(a) That there was no one like her.
(b) That she is dead and gone.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) That she is always nagging him.
3. What are the tambourines being played for in "Tambourines"?
(a) A wedding.
(d) A funeral.
4. What would the speaker in "Young Gal's Blues" rather be dead than?
(a) Ugly and old.
(b) Poor and stupid.
(c) Old and stupid.
(d) Ugly and poor.
5. What do the blues prevent the speaker from doing in "Miss Blues'es Child"?
(b) Earning money.
(c) Playing the trumpet well.
(d) Singing well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one common theme in the poems presented in the "Feet o' Jesus" section of "Selected Poems of Langston Hughes"?
2. How does the speaker describe the plants in "Garden"?
3. What kind of men does the speaker love in "Cora"?
4. What time does the speaker mention going down to the river in "Reverie on the Harlem River"?
5. What does Big Boy want his woman to share with him in "50-50"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)