|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section X: Name in Uphill Letters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the speaker in "To Be Somebody," where is there always room?
(a) In another's heart.
(b) At the top.
(c) In dreams.
(d) In one's own mind.
2. What is the Indian merchantman doing in "Seascape"?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Coming home.
(c) Going out to sea.
(d) Being buried.
3. Where is the dream a cocktail at in "Havana Dreams"?
(b) No one knows.
(d) Sloppy Joe's.
4. How does the speaker attempt suicide the second time in "Life Is Fine"?
(a) By jumping in front of a train.
(b) By jumping off of a building.
(c) By jumping into a river.
(d) By jumping off of a cliff.
5. What does the speaker wish the rent were in "Little Lyric (Of Great Importance)"?
(a) Tax deductible.
(c) On time, for once.
(d) Heaven sent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inanimate object speaks in "Heaven"?
2. What are the waves cutting the darkness with in "Moonlight Night: Carmel"?
3. What is being cooked for dinner in "Graduation"?
4. What two things does Kid Sleep say he doesn't care about/doesn't want to do in "Kid Sleepy"?
5. What does the speaker claim he, too, would do if he were a Gypsy?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)