|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section X: Name in Uphill Letters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the speaker in "To Be Somebody," where is there always room?
(a) In another's heart.
(b) At the top.
(c) In dreams.
(d) In one's own mind.
2. What does the speaker claim is such a bore in "Ennui"?
(d) Being poor.
3. With what triumphant phrase does the speaker conclude "Still Here"?
(a) "I'm still here for as long as she'll have me!"
(b) "I'm still here / Though you fell down along the way."
(c) "I'm still here / Though my mind is far behind."
(d) "I'm still here!"
4. What is being cooked for dinner in "Graduation"?
(b) Pot roast.
5. How does the speaker attempt suicide the second time in "Life Is Fine"?
(a) By jumping off of a building.
(b) By jumping off of a cliff.
(c) By jumping in front of a train.
(d) By jumping into a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker say the sea is a wilderness of in "Long Trip"?
2. What country is NOT mentioned in any of the poems in "Sea and Land"?
3. Why is the speaker fired from his job in "Fired"?
4. What does the speaker see in "Seascape"?
5. What does the speaker claim the wine-maiden's lips are as sweet as in "Midnight Dancer"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)