Introduction and Afro-American Fragments
1. Who selected the poems in "Selected Poems of Langston Hughes"?
(a) His editor.
(b) Langston Hughes himself.
(c) His mom.
(d) His wife.
2. When was "Selected Poems of Langston Hughes" published?
3. When did Langston Hughes live?
(a) 1802 - 1864.
(b) 1935 - 1998.
(c) 1902 - 1964.
(d) 1960 - 2003.
4. What is Langston Hughes known for?
(a) Being a social activist.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Being a poet.
(d) Being an essayist.
5. What major era did Hughes contribute to?
(a) The Harlem Renaissance.
(b) The Iron Age.
(c) The Novelists' Novelty Time.
(d) The Birth of Slam Poetry.
6. What race was Langston Hughes?
(c) African American.
7. How are the poems in "Selected Poems of Langston Hughes" organized?
(a) By thematic section.
(d) By publication date.
8. What is Hughes known as being the originator of?
(a) Slam poetry.
(b) Jazz poetry.
(c) Modernist poetry.
(d) African American poetry.
9. In "The Negro Speaks of Rivers," where does the speaker say he has been over time?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) The Congo.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The Euphrates.
This section contains 4,782 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)