|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does Seinfeld think a naked person should wear?
2. What does Seinfeld compare marriage to?
3. What does Seinfeld think it is unnatural for people to do?
4. Which of the following is an example of a bad gift?
5. What did Seinfeld's friend just have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Seinfeld say male friendships are conditional on?
2. Why does Seinfeld not like seeing people's newborn babies?
3. Why does Seinfeld find it strange that people lock up their dirty clothes when they go to the gym?
4. What does Seinfeld think about planes?
5. Why does Seinfeld believe that the suit is the uniform of all men?
6. What is the only thing about flying that Seinfeld is always nervous about?
7. Why does Seinfeld want an answering machine on him where ever he goes?
8. Why does Seinfeld think that fix up dates are the worst kind of dates?
9. How does Seinfeld treat the friends he does not like?
10. What dose Seinfeld think about bad gifts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Seinfeld's views on childhood? Does Seinfeld make any serious points about his upbringing or children's upbringing in general? What kind of childhood did Seinfeld have?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Seinfeld's writing style. How would you describe Seinfeld's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Seinfeld's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think are Jerry's influences as a comedian? Who has Jerry influenced? Discuss a television show or shows that bears his mark.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)