|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drizzt see as the main failing of the drow soldiers?
(a) Lack of cohesion and compassion for fellow soldiers.
(b) Not being smart enough to follow orders.
(c) In ability to deviate from orders.
(d) Being forced to fight rather then being volunteers.
2. What are the gnomish priests attempting to do in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Ask help from Bidderdoo.
(b) Call upon Lolth.
(c) Call forth Segojan.
(d) Finish a ritual for rain.
3. What does the priestess tell Uthegental about Drizzt?
(a) He is in Silverymoon.
(b) He is at Keeper's Dale.
(c) He is in the tunnels.
(d) He is in Mithral Hall's center.
4. How is Lady Alustriel wounded?
(a) A fireball from a wizard.
(b) A dart.
(c) A crossbow shaft.
(d) A minotau hit her in the head.
5. Where is K'yorl when Baenre calls her?
(a) In her chambers.
(b) In Lolth's chapel.
(c) On a marble throne.
(d) In a walled garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the battleranger lariat do?
2. What happens when Drizzt tries to take Catti-brie's sword in Chapter Thirteen?
3. Why can't Bruenor get his sword out of a minotaur?
4. In Chapter Sixteen what does Drizzt tell Catti-brie about her behavior in his room when she propositioned him?
5. With whose attitude about the war is Matron Baenre unhappy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the way to the west closed to Bensell?
2. Why is Catti-brie crying when Drizzt finds her on the plateau and how do she and he resolve her problem?
3. What does Bensell do that makes the Knights in Silvers' jobs more difficult?
4. How is Drizzt almost killed when he is battling a Minotau and how is he saved?
5. Who are the first group on the dwarf side to see battle and what kind of different weapon do they use?
6. What is Lady Alustriel considering about her home city as she watches her knights battle drow?
7. What does Drizzt discuss in his prologue to Chapter Twenty-Three?
8. Why might those in Keeper's Dale have a rough battle?
9. What does Drizzt decide about Catti-brie and her battles?
10. Describe how Uthegental is killed.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)