|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Twelve, why is Errtu angry at Lolth?
(a) He has to go to the Material Plane.
(b) Lolth killed his son.
(c) He can't join the attack on Oblodra.
(d) He isn't allowed to marry the woman he wants.
2. What does Drizzt see as the main failing of the drow soldiers?
(a) In ability to deviate from orders.
(b) Not being smart enough to follow orders.
(c) Lack of cohesion and compassion for fellow soldiers.
(d) Being forced to fight rather then being volunteers.
3. Why does Uthegental attempt to reach Keeper's Dale?
(a) To rescue Lady Lustriel.
(b) To stop the flow of troops.
(c) To keep the battle going.
(d) To keep Berg'inyon from reaching Drizzt.
4. What are the gnomish priests attempting to do in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Finish a ritual for rain.
(b) Call upon Lolth.
(c) Ask help from Bidderdoo.
(d) Call forth Segojan.
5. Why is Matron Baenre not happy about Blingdenstone?
(a) It had no riches to loot.
(b) It was not supposed to be attacked.
(c) It is empty.
(d) Her son was killed there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to K'yorl when the magic returns?
2. How is Lady Alustriel wounded?
3. Who does Alustriel think is the problem with her city and their soldiers being sent to battle?
4. Who is guided the piece of sulfur Baenre has?
5. What does Jarlaxle think will happen if Matron Baenre fails in Mithral Hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Uthegental been told to do about Blingdenstone but what does he do? What does he find?
2. Why is Catti-brie crying when Drizzt finds her on the plateau and how do she and he resolve her problem?
3. What does Baenre decide to do after she learns that Uthegental has been killed?
4. What does Frible tell Belwar about Blingdenstone?
5. How is Drizzt almost killed when he is battling a Minotau and how is he saved?
6. Describe how Uthegental is killed.
7. Why does Matron Baenre want a cavern, what does Jarlaxle want to do about the battle and what does Methil suggest to him?
8. Why is the way to the west closed to Bensell?
9. What does Lady Alustriel do at the beginning of the battle and for what are her knights responsible?
10. How does Baenre know what to do about K'yorl and what does the sulfur enable her to do?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)