|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uthegental Armgo think is the basis of the problems in Menzoberranzan?
(a) House Baenre is too aggressive.
(b) Lolth is displeased.
(c) There are too many heirs to every house.
(d) Mithral Hall is getting too powerful.
2. What does Jarlaxle believe about what is happening to Lolth.
(a) She is responsible.
(b) She is indifferent to what is happening.
(c) She is not responsible.
(d) She doesn't know what is happening.
3. Through what are Catti-brie and Drizzt traveling at the beginning of Chapter Two?
(a) The edges of the Abyss.
(b) The backstreets of Menzoberranzan.
(c) In the center of Narbondel.
(d) The heart of Mithral Hall.
4. What does Drizzt describe in his letter before Chapter Six?
(a) How the governing system in the Abyss works.
(b) The Time of Troubles.
(c) How do kill a drow.
(d) How he came to be married to Catti-brie.
5. Who walks in the room as the flames leap up at the Matrons' meeting?
(c) Matron Taner'ri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Drizzt and Catt-brie do at the opening of Chapter Three?
2. What is Matron Baenre thinking about the problems in relation to Lolth?
3. What is the name of the sword Catti-brie carries?
4. What is it that Catti-brie's sword wants?
5. What does the fiends calaled by the matron mothers do in Chapter Ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Berkthgar respond when Drizzt and Catti-brie are explaining why they have come and what is Catti-brie's response?
2. What happens to Guenhwyvar when Drizzt attempts to send her back to the Astral Plane?
3. Who saves Matron Baenre from K'yorl and what does K'yorl do?
4. What are Firble and Belwar doing in the tunnels? What does Belwar want to do in the tunnels?
5. Why does Uthegental Armgo visit Jarlaxle?
6. In Chapter Nine why does Matron Baenre hold a meeting with her children and what does she tell them?
7. How does Berkthgar act during his duel with Catti-brie and what is the result of the duel?
8. Who visits Jarlaxle in Chapter Ten and why?
9. What do Drizzt and Catti-brie do in Chapter Three at the beginning, who does he call, how does he call it and what do they when they finish?
10. What does Matron Baenre do in a fit of rage and what is the result of her actions?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)