|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matron Baenre throw in a rage in Chapter 8?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A pendent.
(c) A weighing stone.
(d) A glass goblet.
2. What do Drizzt and Catt-brie do at the opening of Chapter Three?
(a) Run a race.
(b) Drink some wine.
(c) Practice sword play.
3. How does Catti-brie enable Guenhwyvar to come to their location?
(a) Hits Drizzt in the head.
(b) Holds onto the figurine with Drizzt.
(c) Shuts up the split in the tunnel.
(d) Breaks the figurine.
4. What does Bruenor say to Drizzt about the cause of the magic failure?
(a) He believes the drow are responsible for it.
(b) He doesn't believe the drow are behind it.
(c) He thinks the magic has just been used too much.
(d) He thinks Lolth is causing it.
5. What does Jarlaxle plan to do about what is amiss in Menzoberranzan?
(a) Tell the dark elves.
(b) Talk to Drizzt about it.
(c) Figure out how he can benefit.
(d) He has no plans to do anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jarlaxle realize about how Gromph feels?
2. Who keeps a gate to Menzoberranzan open?
3. How does Drizzt feel about other people's beliefs?
4. Who is angered by Matron Baenre's action?
5. What does Matron Baenre call from the Abyss?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Nine why does Matron Baenre hold a meeting with her children and what does she tell them?
2. What is Catti-brie's sword's name, how did she get the sword and what does the sword want?
3. What are the dwarves in the heart of Mithral Hall doing in Chapter Two?
4. What are Jarlaxle's thoughts on the discussion he had with Gromph after Gromph leaves him?
5. How does Berkthgar respond when Drizzt and Catti-brie are explaining why they have come and what is Catti-brie's response?
6. Who visits Jarlaxle in Chapter Ten and why?
7. Who do Catti-brie and Drizzt talk to as they travel in Chapter Two, what do they ask him, what is his response and what does Drizzt promise him?
8. What happens when Berg'inyon parries with an elf and how do the others react? Why to they react that way?
9. What does Drizzt do about his panther, how does the figurine respond and what does Catti-brie do? What is the end result for the panther?
10. At the beginning of the book why is Errtu angered and what does Errtu believe?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)