|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is watching the Matrons fight from a distance?
2. What does Lolth ask the person from question # 4?
(a) If he knows where Menzober hid the key.
(b) If he is aware of the problem in the pantheon.
(c) If he is aware of Matron Baenre's actions.
(d) If he is aware of Errtu's action.
3. Who walks in the room as the flames leap up at the Matrons' meeting?
(a) Matron Taner'ri.
4. What does Drizzt think about the gods allowing people to see them?
(a) It is not good for the world.
(b) Where does faith fit in.
(c) They should do it more often.
(d) It is too overwhelming.
5. What do Drizzt and Catt-brie do at the opening of Chapter Three?
(a) Practice sword play.
(b) Drink some wine.
(d) Run a race.
6. Who is Lolth looking for in the Prologue?
(c) Matron Baenre.
7. What position does Uthegental Armgo hold?
(a) Weapons master of the second House of Menzoberranzan.
(b) Commander of Mithral Hall's guard.
(c) Matron Baenre's second in command.
(d) Drizzt's superior officer.
8. What does Jarlaxle's visitor in Chapter Ten tell him?
(a) Lolth has sent her/him to see Jarlaxle.
(b) She/he is going to attack the other houses.
(c) She/he wants him to leave Menzoberranzan.
(d) She/he is leaving for the astral plain.
9. What does Errtu try to do in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Leave the Abyss.
(b) Kill Lolth.
(c) Hide from Lolth.
(d) Find a way to get to Menzoberranzan.
10. What does Matron Baenre throw in a rage in Chapter 8?
(a) A glass goblet.
(b) A weighing stone.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A pendent.
11. With whom does Firble decide to set up a meeting?
(a) His drow informer.
12. What do Catti-brie and Drizzt do at the end of Chapter Three?
(a) Groom the horses.
(b) Stop for lunch.
(c) Fall asleep on the blanket in the woods.
(d) Go swimming.
13. Where do the Matrons at the meeting light a fire?
(a) In a stone circle.
(b) In the fireplace.
(c) In a furnace.
(d) In a brazier.
14. How does Drizzt say he experiences his god?
(a) Through meditation.
(b) By being the best warrior he can be.
(c) By observing the rituals.
(d) Through his view of the world.
15. What does Matron Baenre tell her children in a meeting in Chapter Nine?
(a) She is stepping down.
(b) Her magic still works.
(c) She will chose her successor next year.
(d) Now is not the time for personal ambitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through what are Catti-brie and Drizzt traveling at the beginning of Chapter Two?
2. What does Matron Baenre want Methil to do in Chapter 7?
3. What is a dwarf holding above a mortar and pestle?
4. What kind of comments does Berkthgar make to Catti-brie?
5. To where are Catti-brie and Drizzt traveling at the beginning of Chapter Two?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)