|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matron Baenre tell her children to keep a secret?
(a) Their house is the only one with magic.
(b) They are no longer the strongest house.
(c) Lolth is protecting their house.
(d) The other three houses have magic.
2. What is Thibbledorf Pwent doing when Catti-brie and Drizzt stop to talk to him?
(a) Training his Gutbuster Brigade.
(b) Honing his sword.
(c) Making some silver goblets.
(d) Shooing his horse.
3. Who kills Ghenni'tiroth in Chapter Ten?
(b) Matron Baenre.
4. Of what is Lolth afraid will happen if she becomes involved in the troubles?
(a) She will be killed.
(b) The human race will die out.
(c) Her faithfuls' prayers will be unanswered.
(d) Her daughter will be taken from her.
5. What is the fence around the House Baenre supposed to do?
(a) Kill anyone who touches it.
(b) Trap anyone who touches it.
(c) Heal anyone who touches it.
6. How has House Oblodran's magic been affected?
(a) It is completely gone.
(b) It works about fifty percent of the time.
(c) It has changed to another form.
(d) It has not been affected.
7. How does Catti-brie enable Guenhwyvar to come to their location?
(a) Hits Drizzt in the head.
(b) Breaks the figurine.
(c) Holds onto the figurine with Drizzt.
(d) Shuts up the split in the tunnel.
8. Where are the tunnels located that Firble and Belwar Dissengulp are searching?
(a) Mithral Hall.
9. What is the second item the Matrons throw in the fire?
(a) A lump of sulfur.
(b) A goblet of blood.
(c) A snake.
(d) A spider mask.
10. Who walks in the room as the flames leap up at the Matrons' meeting?
(a) Matron Taner'ri.
11. Who stops Berg'inyon from killing Matron Baenre?
12. About what does Belwar want to talk to Firble?
(a) The next council election.
(b) The uneasiness in the city.
(c) Drizzt's interest in Catti.
(d) Nothing in particular.
13. What does Jarlaxle decide will happen to him if the magic does not return?
(a) Matron Baenre will not stay on top.
(b) He will need to move out of Menzoberranzan.
(c) He will have advantages in the house competition.
(d) He will not stay alive.
14. Who does Drizzt call to be with him and Catti-brie in Chapter Three?
(b) Bruenor Battlehammer.
(c) Belwar Dissengulp.
(d) Thibbledorf Pwent.
15. What does Gromph what to know from Jarlaxle?
(a) If his mother is still sane.
(b) If he has been to the Fourth House.
(c) If he has talked to Lolth lately.
(d) If other Houses are planning to attack Baenre House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sword Catti-brie carries?
2. How does K'yorl plan to react to the problems with magic?
3. What does the fiends calaled by the matron mothers do in Chapter Ten?
4. What does Jarlaxle think about the possibility of a second deity?
5. Why does Tanar'ri enterJarlaxle's private cave?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)