|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jarlaxle think about the possibility of a second deity?
(a) He has seen one wandering around.
(b) He doubts the existence of one.
(c) He is positive it is impossible.
(d) He thinks one has come there.
2. What does Drizzt describe in his letter before Chapter Six?
(a) How he came to be married to Catti-brie.
(b) The Time of Troubles.
(c) How the governing system in the Abyss works.
(d) How do kill a drow.
3. Who is watching the Matrons fight from a distance?
4. What does Jarlaxle plan to do about what is amiss in Menzoberranzan?
(a) Talk to Drizzt about it.
(b) Tell the dark elves.
(c) He has no plans to do anything.
(d) Figure out how he can benefit.
5. What is a dwarf holding above a mortar and pestle?
(a) Five silver chains.
(b) A flaming torch.
(c) A pair of eyeballs.
(d) A pitcher of water.
6. What does Jarlaxle decide will happen to him if the magic does not return?
(a) He will not stay alive.
(b) He will need to move out of Menzoberranzan.
(c) Matron Baenre will not stay on top.
(d) He will have advantages in the house competition.
7. To where are Jarlaxle and Gromph transported in Chapter Four?
(c) Mithral Hall.
(d) An extradimensional globe.
8. What kind of comments does Berkthgar make to Catti-brie?
(a) He comments on her relationship to Regis.
(b) Lewd, sexually explicit ones.
(c) He comments on her relationship with Drizzt.
(d) He gives a commentary on her father.
9. Where do the Matrons at the meeting light a fire?
(a) In a stone circle.
(b) In a brazier.
(c) In a furnace.
(d) In the fireplace.
10. How does Catti-brie enable Guenhwyvar to come to their location?
(a) Holds onto the figurine with Drizzt.
(b) Breaks the figurine.
(c) Shuts up the split in the tunnel.
(d) Hits Drizzt in the head.
11. From what place has Errtu been banished?
(a) His father's house.
(b) Anywhere higher than level three of the Abyss.
(d) The Prime Material Plane.
12. How has House Oblodran's magic been affected?
(a) It has not been affected.
(b) It is completely gone.
(c) It works about fifty percent of the time.
(d) It has changed to another form.
13. What does Drizzt say Lolth represents?
(a) The strong over the weak.
(c) Eternal damnation.
(d) The evil of greed.
14. Who does Jarlaxle believe he is talking to at the opening of Chapter Four?
15. How does Drizzt say he experiences his god?
(a) Through meditation.
(b) Through his view of the world.
(c) By observing the rituals.
(d) By being the best warrior he can be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matron Baenre call from the Abyss?
2. What is it that Catti-brie's sword wants?
3. What does Jarlaxle realize about how Gromph feels?
4. From what does Berg'inyon think the trouble with the fence is?
5. What does Bruenor say to Drizzt about the cause of the magic failure?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)