|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irwin feels so self-indulgent in his own work that ___________________ as a means in which he can serve society as a whole.
(a) He only talks about art.
(b) He only teaches.
(c) He gives his art away to the poor.
(d) He offers his services cost free.
2. Irwin experiments with acrylic columns placed in the room and matching the walls, causing the illusion that they dissolve into the room. Unfortunately, some viewers conclude what?
(a) Irwin has lost his mind.
(b) Irwin is now an interior designer.
(c) Irwin is leaving the art world.
(d) Irwin has transitioned over to sculpture.
3. He adds a thick black tape to the floor to form what?
(a) A focal point.
(b) A smaller rectangle.
(c) A platform.
(d) A barrier.
4. UCLA invites Irwin in for what?
(a) Art collaborations.
(c) Science experiments.
(d) Art demonstrations.
5. To Irwin it is a way of portraying perception as what?
(a) Only from his view.
(b) The essential subject of art.
(c) What one must believe.
(d) Secondary to light and shadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Descartes argued that the fundamental moment when everything is stripped away occurred where?
2. Robert installs a project in a museum to make what case?
3. How does the Mojave seem to Irwin?
4. Irwin, through his journey of self-discovery, has learned to do what?
5. When Irwin is told that Sartre dropped everything to learn about this philosophy, what did Irwin do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the desert become important to Irwin?
2. What questions does Irwin ask himself regarding these discs? How does he answer this question?
3. By what is Irwin now intrigued? How does this affect his work?
4. Describe Irwin's display at the Whitney Retrospective.
5. How did Irwin see this display?
6. With what is Irwin concerned at this time?
7. With what do the men experiment? Describe these experiments.
8. By what is Irwin intrigued? What does Irwin do regarding this philosophy?
9. What is phenomenology? What does Irwin think of this and the work done regarding this?
10. Compare Irwin's work from before 1970 to his work after 1970.
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)