|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irwin takes many day hikes into the flat terrain and stays where at night?
(a) Under a cactus.
(b) In seedy motels.
(c) In wolves' dens.
(d) Under the stars.
2. Irwin has always asked legitimate questions about what?
(a) His art.
(b) The world and art.
(d) The world.
3. From where is this fabric hung?
(a) The doorway.
(b) The ceiling.
(c) The art work.
(d) The window.
4. In a 1976 display in Venice, he merely outlines with string a spot of tree-filtered light on the ground. What do some think?
(a) There is no art.
(b) The trees are art.
(c) The string is the art.
(d) The light is art.
5. Irwin's discomfort with paintings that encompass the edges of the canvas leads him to move on to painting what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe his writing.
2. It is in ___________________ that the two disciplines, art and science, have grown separately.
3. Irwin intends that viewers will experience what?
4. While much thought goes into his writing, it illustrates that his strength in communication lies where?
5. What appeals to Irwin regarding these thinkers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Irwin submit proposals?
2. How did Irwin see this display?
3. What do critics and viewers think of his work? What does he think of their opinions?
4. With what do the men experiment? Describe these experiments.
5. What happens when enthusiasm for Irwin grows?
6. What does Maurice Tuchman organize?
7. Describe Irwin's display at the Whitney Retrospective.
8. Describe Irwin's post-Whitney works and beliefs.
9. Compare Irwin's work from before 1970 to his work after 1970.
10. What is phenomenology? What does Irwin think of this and the work done regarding this?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)