|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert loves school only for what?
(a) Art class.
(b) Its social opportunities.
(c) Music class.
(d) Causing trouble.
2. Where did Robert Irwin grow up?
(a) Southeast Los Angeles.
(b) Northwest Los Angeles.
(c) Northeast Los Angeles.
(d) Southwest Los Angeles.
3. After leaving art school, Irwin spends many months and years in Europe over the course of the next ______ years.
4. As more of Irwin's works go on display and are sold, what happens to Irwin?
(a) The wealthier and happier he becomes.
(b) The more confident he becomes in terms of being an artist.
(c) The more remote he becomes to them and the less interest they engender in him.
(d) The more anxious he becomes.
5. _________________ is part of Irwin's process in the creation of his abstracts.
(a) An intense internal dialog.
(c) Listening to music.
(d) Studying the artists around him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through his ongoing process, Irwin ultimately concludes that __________________ is the best possible element to establish gestural integrity and one with the least amount of possibility for literal association.
2. Irwin takes a giant leap between 1962 and ___________ in the production of his ten late line paintings.
3. His mother, like most other mothers, loved Robert's childhood drawings, but did the family focus on art or visit museums?
4. By age _____________, Robert returns to Los Angeles.
5. Who early on takes note of Robert's natural talent?
Short Essay Questions
1. After his second tour of duty, what does Robert do? How does he feel about this?
2. Who is Joan Tewkesbury?
3. Describe Irwin's personality as a child and how this affected his parents.
4. What evidence of art was see in Irwin's childhood?
5. What does Irwin say about his success and its connection to LA?
6. Describe the community in which Robert Irwin grew up.
7. How does Irwin end up in the military?
8. How do those who grow up in this community view the world?
9. Describe Irwin's liberal thinking.
10. How were cars important to Irwin and his friends?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)