|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robert react when some of his work is actually destroyed by viewers at his displays?
(a) He sues.
(b) He falls into a depression.
(c) He becomes very angry.
(d) He does not mourn the loss.
2. By painstakingly creating red then ___________ dots, all closely aligned, on a ultra-white surface, Irwin is able to create energy.
3. The entrepreneur not only admires Irwin's art but also what?
(a) His religious background.
(b) His determination and ambition to succeed.
(c) His love of New York.
(d) His easy-going personality.
4. Irwin focuses on a completely white room save for what on all the walls?
(b) A red streak through the middle.
(c) Pictures of himself.
(d) A stark black baseboard.
5. What is the undisputed capital of art in America?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In viewing Irwin's dots, what happened to distinguished art critic Philip Leider?
2. By 1970, has Robert answered many of his questions?
3. In a 1976 display in Venice, he merely outlines with string a spot of tree-filtered light on the ground. What do some think?
4. Leider felt that Irwin created the painting to be seen how?
5. Irwin grows discontented with his show at ____________ in Los Angeles.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)