|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A second way Irwin deals with imperfect edges is to do what to the canvas?
(a) Make the canvas concave at the center.
(b) Balloon it out a few inches at the center.
(c) Extend the canvas completely from one wall to another.
(d) Cut the canvas in a circular form.
2. The entrepreneur not only admires Irwin's art but also what?
(a) His religious background.
(b) His love of New York.
(c) His easy-going personality.
(d) His determination and ambition to succeed.
3. It is then that Robert realizes how unhappy he is with what?
(a) His work.
(c) Being an artist.
(d) His life.
4. The time spent during this period causes what to end?
(a) His interest in making art.
(b) Many friendships.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His art career.
5. In a 1976 display in Venice, he merely outlines with string a spot of tree-filtered light on the ground. What do some think?
(a) There is no art.
(b) The light is art.
(c) The trees are art.
(d) The string is the art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Irwin was not one of the original artists, but is he chosen to be in the new group?
2. Between ___________ and 1970, Irwin's work can be chartered by time and focused progression.
3. Why does Irwin paint his dots in precise dimensions that form the allusion of a perfect square within the canvas--drawing attention away from the edges?
4. One of the first steps he takes is what?
5. Robert's installations were made based on what?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)