|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cindy and her new boyfriend drive?
2. What does Catherine's return to the mansion represent?
3. Where does Bart find Cindy when she goes out with a friend?
4. Who tells the children to say, "We are children born of evil seed"?
5. In Book Two: Unto Us Is Born, Who does Bart accuse of wanting him sexually?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Bart or Joel is trying to kill Jory? Why?
2. Why does Catherine refer to "escape" when referring to leaving the mansion?
3. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
4. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
5. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
6. How does Melodie feel about and react to having twins?
7. What is Catherine's life goal?
8. Describe Toni and Bart's relationship.
9. What does Bart say about sin?
10. What does Jory think about his own potential love life in Book Three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Catherine's determination shows in the way she tries to protect her family. How does she make this attempt? What and who does Catherine protect her family from? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Foxworth Hall is a significant location to the events that occur in the novel. Why is it so important? What is significant about the abuse that took place there? What does Foxworth Hall represent and foreshadow?
Essay Topic 3
Is Melodie selfish? Does she fault herself for Jory's accident? Does this explain some of her selfishness? Are Melodie's actions justifiable?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)