|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine's return to the mansion represent?
2. According to Bart, what has he found with Toni?
3. Which location does Bart often visit?
4. Who challenges Bart's double standard?
5. Where do Cindy and her new boyfriend drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
2. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
3. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
4. Why is this chapter referred to as Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
5. What is Catherine's life goal?
6. What does Jory think about his own potential love life in Book Three?
7. What does Bart say about sin?
8. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
9. Describe Toni and Bart's relationship.
10. Why does Melodie leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Joel's influence on Bart.
Essay Topic 2
Foxworth Hall is a significant location to the events that occur in the novel. Why is it so important? What is significant about the abuse that took place there? What does Foxworth Hall represent and foreshadow?
Essay Topic 3
Bart has obvious contempt for his family. What does his criticism stem from? Who is Bart most angry at and why? What started his trauma?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)