|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jory began to fear for when strange things begin happening to him?
2. What does Bart blame for his party being ruined?
3. Who does Cindy meet while staying at the mansion?
4. What does Joel give an offensive sermon about?
5. Who challenges Bart's double standard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is background information so significant to this story? If Catherine did not provide background information to the reader, how would the novel suffer? What does background information help the reader understand?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Catherine as a narrator. Describe the point of view of the story. Is Catherine reliable? Describe Catherine's intuition.
Essay Topic 3
How does V.C. Andrews use titles effectively to foreshadow events or set a tone? Use at least three specific examples.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)