|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart want Catherine to do more than anything?
2. Who does Bart claim is his best friend?
3. Where did Melodie run away to?
4. What happens to the gift that Jory gives Bart for Christmas?
5. What does Catherine's return to the mansion represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Catherine's strength shock Bart?
2. Is Bart insane? Explain.
3. How does Melodie feel about and react to having twins?
4. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
5. What does Jory think about his own potential love life in Book Three?
6. What is Catherine's life goal?
7. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
8. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
9. Do you think Bart or Joel is trying to kill Jory? Why?
10. What changes the relationship between Bart and Toni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Bart so preoccupied with sin? What is Bart's moral code?
Essay Topic 2
Why is background information so significant to this story? If Catherine did not provide background information to the reader, how would the novel suffer? What does background information help the reader understand?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Joel's influence on Bart.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)