|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart finally get from Catherine when she sees him in the chapel?
2. Where does Catherine go to die?
3. What is the name of the boy twin?
4. Where do Bart and Joel take Jory's children?
5. Who does Cindy meet while staying at the mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
2. In what way does Catherine encourage Bart?
3. Is Bart insane? Explain.
4. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
5. Why does Catherine's strength shock Bart?
6. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
7. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
8. What does Bart say about sin?
9. Why doesn't anybody come to Bart's Christmas party?
10. Why is this chapter referred to as Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the parallels between escape and heaven for Catherine and Chris? What about the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Foxworth Hall is a significant location to the events that occur in the novel. Why is it so important? What is significant about the abuse that took place there? What does Foxworth Hall represent and foreshadow?
Essay Topic 3
When Catherine dies, is she happy? How do you know?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)