|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart do with Cindy on television?
2. What does Jory began to fear for when strange things begin happening to him?
3. What is the name of the boyfriend Cindy brings home for the holidays?
4. Who does Jory explicitly say he does not like?
5. Where do Bart and Joel take Jory's children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Catherine refer to "escape" when referring to leaving the mansion?
2. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
3. Why doesn't anybody come to Bart's Christmas party?
4. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
5. What does Bart say about sin?
6. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
7. Why is this chapter referred to as Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
8. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
9. Is Bart insane? Explain.
10. What is significant about Chris's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is background information so significant to this story? If Catherine did not provide background information to the reader, how would the novel suffer? What does background information help the reader understand?
Essay Topic 2
Catherine's determination shows in the way she tries to protect her family. How does she make this attempt? What and who does Catherine protect her family from? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Bart so preoccupied with sin? What is Bart's moral code?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)