|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine comfort herself in Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
2. Who does Toni spend more time with after she and Bart return from celebrating New Years Eve?
3. What is the name of the boyfriend Cindy brings home for the holidays?
4. What does Bart do with Cindy on television?
5. Who does Bart say he does not want at his Christmas party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes the relationship between Bart and Toni?
2. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
3. What is significant about Chris's death?
4. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
5. Do you think Bart or Joel is trying to kill Jory? Why?
6. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
7. What does the "Garden in the sky" refer to in Catherine's childhood?
8. Why does Catherine refer to "escape" when referring to leaving the mansion?
9. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
10. Who do you think broke Jory's ship? Why do you think this is so?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the parallels between escape and heaven for Catherine and Chris? What about the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Bart has obvious contempt for his family. What does his criticism stem from? Who is Bart most angry at and why? What started his trauma?
Essay Topic 3
How does V.C. Andrews use titles effectively to foreshadow events or set a tone? Use at least three specific examples.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)