|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the gift that Jory gives Bart for Christmas?
2. What does Bart seem most surprised by in Book Three: Comes a Morning Dark?
3. Who does Catherine suspect of rescuing Jory on more than once occasion?
4. How does Jory try to win Melodie over after the twins are born?
5. In Book Two: Unto Us Is Born, Who does Bart accuse of wanting him sexually?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
2. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
3. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
4. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
5. Why does Melodie leave?
6. In what way does Catherine encourage Bart?
7. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
8. What changes the relationship between Bart and Toni?
9. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
10. What does Bart say about sin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Melodie selfish? Does she fault herself for Jory's accident? Does this explain some of her selfishness? Are Melodie's actions justifiable?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Catherine as a narrator. Describe the point of view of the story. Is Catherine reliable? Describe Catherine's intuition.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Joel's influence on Bart.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)