|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bart want to be his trustee?
2. What does Bart hope that Jory will give him for Christmas?
3. What do Catherine and Chris fear will happen to them at the mansion?
4. Who do the twins remind Catherine of?
5. What happens to the gift that Jory gives Bart for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
2. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
3. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
4. What does Bart say about sin?
5. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
6. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
7. Why is this chapter referred to as Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
8. Do you think Bart or Joel is trying to kill Jory? Why?
9. Why doesn't anybody come to Bart's Christmas party?
10. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does V.C. Andrews use titles effectively to foreshadow events or set a tone? Use at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Bart so preoccupied with sin? What is Bart's moral code?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Bart infatuated with Melodie? What does he want with Melodie? What types of intentions does he have? Are his feelings genuine?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)