|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart want Catherine to do more than anything?
2. According to Joel, what does Toni want from Bart?
3. What made Bart jealous on New Years Eve?
4. What is the name of the boy twin?
5. Who does Bart say he does not want at his Christmas party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
2. Is Bart insane? Explain.
3. Why is this chapter referred to as Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
4. What does the "Garden in the sky" refer to in Catherine's childhood?
5. How does Melodie feel about and react to having twins?
6. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
7. Why doesn't anybody come to Bart's Christmas party?
8. Who do you think broke Jory's ship? Why do you think this is so?
9. What does Jory think about his own potential love life in Book Three?
10. Describe Toni and Bart's relationship.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Toni's development as a character. How does she go from being in love with Bart to being married to Jory?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Bart infatuated with Melodie? What does he want with Melodie? What types of intentions does he have? Are his feelings genuine?
Essay Topic 3
Bart has obvious contempt for his family. What does his criticism stem from? Who is Bart most angry at and why? What started his trauma?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)