|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book Two: Unto Us Is Born, Who does Bart accuse of wanting him sexually?
2. Who does Bart want to be his trustee?
3. What is Toni most afraid of?
4. Who does Jory explicitly say he does not like?
5. Where do Bart and Joel take Jory's children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
2. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
3. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
4. Why does Catherine refer to "escape" when referring to leaving the mansion?
5. In what way does Catherine encourage Bart?
6. Why doesn't anybody come to Bart's Christmas party?
7. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
8. Describe Toni and Bart's relationship.
9. What type of offensive sermon does Joel give in the chapel?
10. How does Melodie feel about and react to having twins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Bart infatuated with Melodie? What does he want with Melodie? What types of intentions does he have? Are his feelings genuine?
Essay Topic 2
Catherine's determination shows in the way she tries to protect her family. How does she make this attempt? What and who does Catherine protect her family from? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Bart has obvious contempt for his family. What does his criticism stem from? Who is Bart most angry at and why? What started his trauma?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)