|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cindy do for her family at Christmas?
2. Who does Jory explicitly say he does not like?
3. Who is the first to question where a negative phone call comes from?
4. In Book Two: Unto Us Is Born, Who does Bart accuse of wanting him sexually?
5. According to Cindy, where did Bart take her after he beat up her boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bart's reaction to Cindy having a boyfriend?
2. What does Bart say about sin?
3. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
4. What changes the relationship between Bart and Toni?
5. What is Catherine's life goal?
6. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
7. What is significant about Chris's death?
8. How does Melodie feel about and react to having twins?
9. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
10. What does the "Garden in the sky" refer to in Catherine's childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Melodie selfish? Does she fault herself for Jory's accident? Does this explain some of her selfishness? Are Melodie's actions justifiable?
Essay Topic 2
Why is background information so significant to this story? If Catherine did not provide background information to the reader, how would the novel suffer? What does background information help the reader understand?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Bart so preoccupied with sin? What is Bart's moral code?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)