|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl twin?
2. Which of the following best describes Cindy?
3. Who does Toni become fast friends with?
4. Who does Bart say he does not want at his Christmas party?
5. What does Bart hope that Jory will give him for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Bart insane? Explain.
2. Why does Melodie leave?
3. What type of offensive sermon does Joel give in the chapel?
4. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
5. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
6. Why does Catherine refer to "escape" when referring to leaving the mansion?
7. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
8. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
9. What does the "Garden in the sky" refer to in Catherine's childhood?
10. What does Jory think about his own potential love life in Book Three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Bart and Joel become inseparable? Why does this happen? Is this more of a testament to Joel's strength and motivation or Bart's weakness? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Bart infatuated with Melodie? What does he want with Melodie? What types of intentions does he have? Are his feelings genuine?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Bart so preoccupied with sin? What is Bart's moral code?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)