|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toni first seem charmed by?
2. Where did Melodie run away to?
3. What is the major difference between Chris and Catherine?
4. Who may be setting up a hurtful situation for Jory in Book Three: Comes a Morning Dark?
5. What made Bart jealous on New Years Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
2. Why does Catherine's strength shock Bart?
3. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
4. Why does Melodie leave?
5. In what way does Catherine encourage Bart?
6. What is significant about Chris's death?
7. What does the "Garden in the sky" refer to in Catherine's childhood?
8. Why doesn't anybody come to Bart's Christmas party?
9. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
10. What type of offensive sermon does Joel give in the chapel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it significant that Chris died? What does this mean for the rest of the family? When Bart delivers an appropriate eulogy, what does this symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance behind Bart's obsession with Cindy and Catherine's sexuality?
Essay Topic 3
When Catherine dies, is she happy? How do you know?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)