|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cindy, where did Bart take her after he beat up her boyfriend?
2. Where do Cindy and her new boyfriend drive?
3. How does Bart feel when he has his mother's attention?
4. Who does Catherine accuse of ruining Bart's party?
5. What does Bart do with Cindy on television?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes the relationship between Bart and Toni?
2. How has Catherine's life goal been achieved by the end of the novel?
3. What does the "Garden in the sky" refer to in Catherine's childhood?
4. Describe Toni and Bart's relationship.
5. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
6. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
7. What is significant about Chris's death?
8. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
9. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
10. Why is this chapter referred to as Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Melodie selfish? Does she fault herself for Jory's accident? Does this explain some of her selfishness? Are Melodie's actions justifiable?
Essay Topic 2
What would you say is the central conflict of this novel? Is it Bart's psychological torture? Is it Catherine being torn between her children? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance behind Bart's obsession with Cindy and Catherine's sexuality?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)