|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Jory fear he has in Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
2. Who calls Catherine and tells her to leave town?
3. What happens to the gift that Jory gives Bart for Christmas?
4. Who beats up Cindy's boyfriend?
5. What does Bart become after Chris dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bart say about sin?
2. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
3. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
4. Why does Catherine refer to "escape" when referring to leaving the mansion?
5. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
6. Why does Melodie leave?
7. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
8. What is Catherine's life goal?
9. What does Jory think about his own potential love life in Book Three?
10. How does Melodie feel about and react to having twins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Bart so preoccupied with sin? What is Bart's moral code?
Essay Topic 2
How does V.C. Andrews use titles effectively to foreshadow events or set a tone? Use at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
What does Catherine's "garden in the sky" refer to? Why is it an important theme in the story? At the end of the story when Catherine is dead, what does it symbolize?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)