|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to say that it is time to give up on Bart?
2. What does Cindy want to go to school for?
3. Who does Toni spend more time with after she and Bart return from celebrating New Years Eve?
4. According to Cindy, where did Bart take her after he beat up her boyfriend?
5. Where does Cindy attend school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
2. What is Catherine's life goal?
3. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
4. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
5. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
6. What does Jory think about his own potential love life in Book Three?
7. Is Bart insane? Explain.
8. What type of offensive sermon does Joel give in the chapel?
9. What is Bart's reaction to Cindy having a boyfriend?
10. Describe Toni and Bart's relationship.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Catherine dies, is she happy? How do you know?
Essay Topic 2
Which character develops most over the course of the novel? Which character learns the most over time? How does he or she learn this lesson?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Bart so preoccupied with sin? What is Bart's moral code?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)