|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart become after Chris dies?
2. To whom does Cindy reveal that Bart took her after he beat up her boyfriend?
3. Who does Cindy meet while staying at the mansion?
4. In her note, what does Melodie say about herself?
5. How does Jory feel about learning he has twins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Melodie feel about and react to having twins?
2. What is significant about Chris's death?
3. What does Bart say about sin?
4. Do you think Bart or Joel is trying to kill Jory? Why?
5. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
6. Why does Catherine refer to "escape" when referring to leaving the mansion?
7. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
8. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
9. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
10. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Toni's development as a character. How does she go from being in love with Bart to being married to Jory?
Essay Topic 2
What does Catherine's "garden in the sky" refer to? Why is it an important theme in the story? At the end of the story when Catherine is dead, what does it symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
How do Bart and Joel become inseparable? Why does this happen? Is this more of a testament to Joel's strength and motivation or Bart's weakness? Why?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)