|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cindy meet while staying at the mansion?
2. What does Cindy do for her family at Christmas?
3. Who challenges Bart's double standard?
4. Who does Bart want to be his trustee?
5. What does Bart hope that Jory will give him for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes the relationship between Bart and Toni?
2. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
3. What does Bart say about sin?
4. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
5. Why doesn't anybody come to Bart's Christmas party?
6. What is significant about Chris's death?
7. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
8. What does the "Garden in the sky" refer to in Catherine's childhood?
9. What is Bart's reaction to Cindy having a boyfriend?
10. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Catherine as a narrator. Describe the point of view of the story. Is Catherine reliable? Describe Catherine's intuition.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance behind Bart's obsession with Cindy and Catherine's sexuality?
Essay Topic 3
Foxworth Hall is a significant location to the events that occur in the novel. Why is it so important? What is significant about the abuse that took place there? What does Foxworth Hall represent and foreshadow?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)