|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jory feel about learning he has twins?
2. What does Bart do with Cindy on television?
3. Where do Catherine and Chris decide they will move?
4. Who is the first to say that it is time to give up on Bart?
5. How does Bart feel when he has his mother's attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
2. What is Bart's reaction to Cindy having a boyfriend?
3. What is Catherine's life goal?
4. What is significant about Chris's death?
5. Who do you think broke Jory's ship? Why do you think this is so?
6. In what way does Catherine encourage Bart?
7. What type of offensive sermon does Joel give in the chapel?
8. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
9. What changes the relationship between Bart and Toni?
10. What does Bart say about sin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Catherine's determination shows in the way she tries to protect her family. How does she make this attempt? What and who does Catherine protect her family from? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Foxworth Hall is a significant location to the events that occur in the novel. Why is it so important? What is significant about the abuse that took place there? What does Foxworth Hall represent and foreshadow?
Essay Topic 3
What are the parallels between escape and heaven for Catherine and Chris? What about the other characters?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)