|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine's return to the mansion represent?
2. As a child, where did Catherine "escape"?
3. Which location does Bart often visit?
4. Where does Cindy attend school?
5. Why does Toni make Bart feel so special?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Melodie feel about and react to having twins?
2. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
3. Describe Toni and Bart's relationship.
4. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
5. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
6. Is Bart insane? Explain.
7. What is Bart's reaction to Cindy having a boyfriend?
8. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
9. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
10. What changes the relationship between Bart and Toni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Catherine's "garden in the sky" refer to? Why is it an important theme in the story? At the end of the story when Catherine is dead, what does it symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
How does V.C. Andrews use titles effectively to foreshadow events or set a tone? Use at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
How do Bart and Joel become inseparable? Why does this happen? Is this more of a testament to Joel's strength and motivation or Bart's weakness? Why?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)