|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Jory fear he has in Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
2. What does Bart blame for his party being ruined?
3. In Book Two: Unto Us Is Born, Who does Bart accuse of wanting him sexually?
4. What does the title Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait refer to?
5. Who does Bart want to be his trustee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Chris's death?
2. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
3. Why does Catherine's strength shock Bart?
4. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
5. Is Bart insane? Explain.
6. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
7. Who do you think broke Jory's ship? Why do you think this is so?
8. Do you think Bart or Joel is trying to kill Jory? Why?
9. What does the "Garden in the sky" refer to in Catherine's childhood?
10. What is Bart's reaction to Cindy having a boyfriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Bart infatuated with Melodie? What does he want with Melodie? What types of intentions does he have? Are his feelings genuine?
Essay Topic 2
Is Melodie selfish? Does she fault herself for Jory's accident? Does this explain some of her selfishness? Are Melodie's actions justifiable?
Essay Topic 3
Catherine's determination shows in the way she tries to protect her family. How does she make this attempt? What and who does Catherine protect her family from? Why?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)