|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jory decide he wants to give a handmade present to?
2. What was the profession of Jory's father?
3. How old did Jory want to be before he became a father?
4. Who does Bart hold back from comforting Jory after the accident?
5. When Cindy overheard one of Bart's phone calls, who was he talking to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bart's self-esteem.
2. What makes Catherine an intuitive narrator?
3. How do Catherine and Chris feel about their secrets?
4. What explains the fact that Bart didn't approve of Cindy's original dress but designed her ballet costume?
5. Why is the first person point of view the best way to tell this story?
6. Describe Cindy.
7. Who planned the accident that hurt Jory?
8. What is Catherine's reaction to Melodie revealing her affair with Bart?
9. Describe Joel's influence on Bart.
10. What does Joel think about Bart's party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance behind Bart's obsession with Cindy and Catherine's sexuality?
Essay Topic 2
Is Melodie selfish? Does she fault herself for Jory's accident? Does this explain some of her selfishness? Are Melodie's actions justifiable?
Essay Topic 3
What would you say is the central conflict of this novel? Is it Bart's psychological torture? Is it Catherine being torn between her children? Why?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)