|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jory have a similar attitude to?
2. How does Joel describe the ballet costume?
3. Who is Bart most mean to?
4. What does Chris reveal that he wants to work in?
5. Who does Bart seem to show the most compassion for in his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joel's influence on Bart.
2. After Jory is injured, how does his future look?
3. Describe Bart's search for success.
4. What makes Catherine an intuitive narrator?
5. What is the source of irony at Bart's party?
6. How does Catherine force Melodie to accept Jory's condition?
7. Why did Cindy stop taking dance lessons?
8. What is the reader left to wonder about Bart after Jory's accident?
9. Why is the first person point of view the best way to tell this story?
10. What does Joel think about Bart's party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character develops most over the course of the novel? Which character learns the most over time? How does he or she learn this lesson?
Essay Topic 2
Foxworth Hall is a significant location to the events that occur in the novel. Why is it so important? What is significant about the abuse that took place there? What does Foxworth Hall represent and foreshadow?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Toni's development as a character. How does she go from being in love with Bart to being married to Jory?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)