|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is able to stop Jory from bleeding?
2. Who is Jory's father?
3. According to Catherine, why does Jory need to live?
4. What does Melodie think caused Jory's accident?
5. Which secret does Melodie reveal about her pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cindy.
2. Why did Cindy stop taking dance lessons?
3. How does Catherine force Melodie to accept Jory's condition?
4. Describe foreshadowing present in "Memories."
5. Is Melodie selfish? Why or why not?
6. What makes Catherine an intuitive narrator?
7. What does Joel think about Bart's party?
8. Why is Catherine worried about Jory and Melodie having a baby?
9. Why is Foxworth Hall an important setting?
10. Describe Bart's relationship with his family.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Catherine dies, is she happy? How do you know?
Essay Topic 2
What are the parallels between escape and heaven for Catherine and Chris? What about the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Catherine's determination shows in the way she tries to protect her family. How does she make this attempt? What and who does Catherine protect her family from? Why?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)