|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jory's ballet costume consist of?
2. Who writes a new plan for the family?
3. Who does Bart ask to perform at his birthday party?
4. According to Catherine, why does Jory need to live?
5. How is Joel related to Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cindy.
2. What causes Bart to become angry with Melodie before they reveal their affair?
3. After Jory is injured, how does his future look?
4. Why is Foxworth Hall an important setting?
5. What does Joel think about Bart's party?
6. What is Catherine's reaction to Melodie revealing her affair with Bart?
7. Describe Joel's influence on Bart.
8. What is the reader left to wonder about Bart after Jory's accident?
9. How does Catherine try to protect Jory?
10. Who does Jory blame for Melodie and Bart's affair and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it significant that Chris died? What does this mean for the rest of the family? When Bart delivers an appropriate eulogy, what does this symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Which character develops most over the course of the novel? Which character learns the most over time? How does he or she learn this lesson?
Essay Topic 3
Is Melodie selfish? Does she fault herself for Jory's accident? Does this explain some of her selfishness? Are Melodie's actions justifiable?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)