|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money will Bart get each year?
2. What was Jory supposed to push down to show his strength?
3. When Melodie and Bart go out together, what time do they come home?
4. Who covers up Jory's injury at the party?
5. Who is Bart inheriting a mansion from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bart making advances toward Melodie?
2. How do Catherine and Chris feel about their secrets?
3. Why doesn't Melodie visit Jory in the hospital?
4. Why is Foxworth Hall an important setting?
5. What makes Catherine an intuitive narrator?
6. Describe Bart's relationship with his family.
7. Why is Catherine worried about Jory and Melodie having a baby?
8. Why does Jory's recovery give Catherine flashbacks?
9. Who planned the accident that hurt Jory?
10. What causes Bart to become angry with Melodie before they reveal their affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Catherine as a narrator. Describe the point of view of the story. Is Catherine reliable? Describe Catherine's intuition.
Essay Topic 2
When Catherine dies, is she happy? How do you know?
Essay Topic 3
How does V.C. Andrews use titles effectively to foreshadow events or set a tone? Use at least three specific examples.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)