|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel give an offensive sermon about?
(a) Children born of incest.
(b) Children out of wedlock.
(c) Marital affairs.
(d) Sex before marriage.
2. What does Bart become after Chris dies?
(a) A television evangelist.
(b) A singer.
(c) A writer.
(d) A preacher.
3. How does Jory try to win Melodie over after the twins are born?
(a) He gives her gifts.
(b) He hires a babysitter.
(c) He takes her out on dates.
(d) He cooks for her.
4. Where does Catherine go to die?
(c) Bart's office.
5. Who is the first to say that it is time to give up on Bart?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Joel, what does Toni want from Bart?
2. What does Jory began to fear for when strange things begin happening to him?
3. In her note, what does Melodie say about herself?
4. What made Bart jealous on New Years Eve?
5. What does Bart blame for his party being ruined?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
2. What does Jory think about his own potential love life in Book Three?
3. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
4. Why does Catherine's strength shock Bart?
5. Why does Melodie leave?
6. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
7. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
8. Why doesn't anybody come to Bart's Christmas party?
9. How has Catherine's life goal been achieved by the end of the novel?
10. How does Melodie feel about and react to having twins?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)