|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel hope to do in Book Three: Comes a Morning Dark?
(a) Expose the relationship Catherine and Chris have.
(b) Put Jory in a hospital.
(c) Get Bart institutionalized.
(d) Kill the entire family.
2. What does Catherine discover about Bart when he is in the chapel?
(a) He can sketch.
(b) He can dance.
(c) He can sing.
(d) He is good with children.
3. Who tells the children to say, "We are children born of evil seed"?
4. To whom does Cindy reveal that Bart took her after he beat up her boyfriend?
(c) A doctor.
5. Who does Chris offer to transfer his position as trustee to?
(b) Bart's father.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toni most afraid of?
2. What type of career does Cindy pursue?
3. Where does Catherine go to die?
4. According to Joel, what does Toni want from Bart?
5. Which of the following best describes Catherine's goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
2. How does Melodie feel about and react to having twins?
3. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
4. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
5. Why doesn't anybody come to Bart's Christmas party?
6. What is significant about Chris's death?
7. In what way does Catherine encourage Bart?
8. Why does Catherine's strength shock Bart?
9. What does Jory think about his own potential love life in Book Three?
10. What is Catherine's life goal?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)