|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine's return to the mansion represent?
(c) Evil spirits.
2. Who does Chris offer to transfer his position as trustee to?
(b) Bart's father.
(c) A lawyer.
3. What happens to the gift that Jory gives Bart for Christmas?
(a) It is broken.
(b) It is not what Bart expected.
(c) It is missing.
(d) It is unwrapped.
4. According to Chris, what type of illness does Jory have in Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
(c) Scarlet fever.
5. As a child, where did Catherine "escape"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Catherine accuse of ruining Bart's party?
2. What type of building does Bart begin construction on?
3. What does Bart become after Chris dies?
4. In Book Two: Unto Us Is Born, Who does Bart accuse of wanting him sexually?
5. What does the "garden in the sky" refer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
2. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
3. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
4. Is Bart insane? Explain.
5. In what way does Catherine encourage Bart?
6. Do you think Bart or Joel is trying to kill Jory? Why?
7. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
8. Why is this chapter referred to as Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
9. Why does Melodie leave?
10. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)