|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, where did Catherine "escape"?
2. Who does Bart claim is his best friend?
3. To whom does Cindy reveal that Bart took her after he beat up her boyfriend?
(b) A doctor.
4. According to Toni, how will Bart's love life fare?
(a) He will never get married.
(b) He should never have children.
(c) He will always be abusive.
(d) He will never find a woman he truly wants.
5. Who burns the RSVP cards for the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of building does Bart begin construction on?
2. What does the "garden in the sky" refer to?
3. What is the name of the boyfriend Cindy brings home for the holidays?
4. Who calls Catherine and tells her to leave town?
5. According to a neighbor in Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait, what describes Catherine most?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Catherine's strength shock Bart?
2. Who do you think broke Jory's ship? Why do you think this is so?
3. How has Catherine's life goal been achieved by the end of the novel?
4. In what way does Catherine encourage Bart?
5. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
6. How does Melodie feel about and react to having twins?
7. What does Bart say about sin?
8. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
9. Describe Toni and Bart's relationship.
10. Why does Melodie leave?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)