|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine comfort herself in Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
(a) Teaching the twins.
(b) Childhood photographs.
(c) Bart's old toys.
(d) Old journals.
2. Who tells the children to say, "We are children born of evil seed"?
3. According to Chris, what type of illness does Jory have in Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
(a) Scarlet fever.
4. Where does Catherine go to die?
(d) Bart's office.
5. Which location does Bart often visit?
(d) Movie theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bart find Cindy when she goes out with a friend?
2. What does Bart hope that Jory will give him for Christmas?
3. What made Bart jealous on New Years Eve?
4. According to Toni, who does Bart want a wife like?
5. What does Bart seem most surprised by in Book Three: Comes a Morning Dark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Catherine's strength shock Bart?
2. Describe the double standards existing in Bart's life.
3. What does Bart say about sin?
4. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
5. What is Bart's reaction to Cindy having a boyfriend?
6. What does the "Garden in the sky" refer to in Catherine's childhood?
7. Why doesn't anybody come to Bart's Christmas party?
8. Why does Melodie leave?
9. What is significant about Chris's death?
10. Is Bart insane? Explain.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)