|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets Jory back to talking to his family?
(a) Melodie will have an affair with Bart.
(b) Melodie is about to give birth.
(c) Melodie might leave him.
(d) Bart and Joel are scheming to kill their family.
2. Who did Bart suggest intentionally caused Jory's accident?
(b) A stagehand.
3. What is Catherine surprised to know that Melodie knows a lot about?
(a) Jory's health situation.
(b) Bart's finances.
(c) Her pregnancy.
(d) Joels' past.
4. What role does Joel take on?
5. Which phrase represents irony in the novel?
(a) Bart's devotion.
(b) Joel's jealousy.
(c) Samson and Delilah.
(d) Ballet recital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of talent does Bart suggest he might have?
2. What color is the dress Cindy ends up wearing to Bart's party?
3. What color is the dress Cindy first tries to wear to Bart's party?
4. How old is Bart turning when the family arrives at his mansion?
5. Who covers up Jory's injury at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Catherine an intuitive narrator?
2. What effect does the anonymous call have on the family?
3. Why doesn't anybody come to Bart's Christmas party?
4. What predictions do you make for the family now that Catherine has died?
5. What is the significance behind Catherine writing, "No one needs me more than Chris"?
6. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
7. How has Catherine's life goal been achieved by the end of the novel?
8. What type of offensive sermon does Joel give in the chapel?
9. Why does Catherine refer to "escape" when referring to leaving the mansion?
10. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)