|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who condemns Bart's show of wealth at his party?
2. Who does Joel remind Catherine of?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her ex-husband.
3. What did Jory's ballet costume consist of?
(a) Boxer shorts.
(b) Loin cloth.
(c) Oversized coat.
(d) Beach clothes.
4. When Melodie and Bart go out together, what time do they come home?
(a) 12:00 a.m.
(b) 6:00 p.m.
(c) 3:30 a.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
5. When Cindy overheard one of Bart's phone calls, who was he talking to?
(a) Cindy's boyfriend.
(b) An insurance agent.
(c) Joel's old monastery.
(d) Catherine's ex-husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which phrase represents irony in the novel?
2. What is Catherine surprised to know that Melodie knows a lot about?
3. What color is the dress Cindy first tries to wear to Bart's party?
4. What does Bart tell Catherine about Melodie?
5. What brings Catherine flashbacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Melodie visit Jory in the hospital?
2. Why is the first person point of view the best way to tell this story?
3. What does Joel think about Bart's party?
4. Describe Joel's influence on Bart.
5. What explains the fact that Bart didn't approve of Cindy's original dress but designed her ballet costume?
6. Describe Bart's self-esteem.
7. Why does Jory's recovery give Catherine flashbacks?
8. How does Catherine try to protect Jory?
9. Who does Jory blame for Melodie and Bart's affair and why?
10. What makes Catherine an intuitive narrator?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)