|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bart seem to show the most compassion for in his family?
2. What does Catherine give a model kit of to Jory to pass the time?
3. What type of talent does Bart suggest he might have?
4. According to Catherine, what does Jory need most?
(a) His legs.
(b) His child.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. According to Catherine, why does Jory need to live?
(a) For his children and wife.
(b) So he can help others.
(c) For his education.
(d) For his career.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jory, who has changed Bart?
2. What does Chris reveal that he wants to work in?
3. How does Bart feel about Catherine's relationship with Chris?
4. Who was Cindy's costume originally designed for?
5. Who does Bart hold back from comforting Jory after the accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of offensive sermon does Joel give in the chapel?
2. Is Bart insane? Explain.
3. Why is the first person point of view the best way to tell this story?
4. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
5. Who does Jory blame for Melodie and Bart's affair and why?
6. Describe foreshadowing present in "Memories."
7. What is the reader left to wonder about Bart after Jory's accident?
8. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
9. What causes Bart to become angry with Melodie before they reveal their affair?
10. What are the similarities between Catherine and Toni?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)