|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the ballet that Jory and Cindy perform, what is the main character's source of strength?
(a) His wits.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His arms.
(d) His hair.
2. How much money will Bart get each year?
3. In Book Two, Brotherly Love, how long has Jory been injured?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
4. Who does Bart begin to make advances toward?
(a) A maid.
5. Who does Bart hold back from comforting Jory after the accident?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person in the home that shows no disapproval for Bart about his spending time with Melodie?
2. How old is Bart turning when the family arrives at his mansion?
3. What is Catherine surprised to know that Melodie knows a lot about?
4. What has been delayed due to Jory's injury?
5. What does Catherine give a model kit of to Jory to pass the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bart's self-esteem.
2. What is the reader left to wonder about Bart after Jory's accident?
3. What causes Bart to become angry with Melodie before they reveal their affair?
4. What explains the fact that Bart didn't approve of Cindy's original dress but designed her ballet costume?
5. Describe Joel's influence on Bart.
6. Why is the first person point of view the best way to tell this story?
7. What does Joel think about Bart's party?
8. Describe Bart's search for success.
9. How does Catherine force Melodie to accept Jory's condition?
10. How does Catherine try to protect Jory?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)