|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joel related to Catherine?
(a) Catherine is Joel's sister.
(b) Joel is Catherine's uncle.
(c) Joel is Catherine's father.
(d) Catherine is Joel's cousin.
2. According to Catherine, what does Bart need most?
(a) Psychological help.
(b) His mother's love.
(c) True love.
3. When Cindy overheard one of Bart's phone calls, who was he talking to?
(a) Cindy's boyfriend.
(b) An insurance agent.
(c) Joel's old monastery.
(d) Catherine's ex-husband.
4. Who is specifically and deliberately left out of discussion about the reading of the will?
5. Which of the following is a theme that Catherine is an active part of?
(a) Religious persecution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been delayed due to Jory's injury?
2. Who does Jory decide he wants to give a handmade present to?
3. Who condemns Bart's show of wealth at his party?
4. What did Jory's ballet costume consist of?
5. What does Melodie think caused Jory's accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine think about Bart's eulogy?
2. What makes Catherine an intuitive narrator?
3. What does Bart say about sin?
4. How does Joel react to Toni and Bart's relationship?
5. Why doesn't Melodie visit Jory in the hospital?
6. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
7. What is the significance behind Catherine writing, "No one needs me more than Chris"?
8. What is Catherine's reaction to Melodie revealing her affair with Bart?
9. What is the significance of Jory's illness?
10. What is the reader left to wonder about Bart after Jory's accident?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)