|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most concerned about Melodie's pregnancy?
2. What did Jory's ballet costume consist of?
(a) Boxer shorts.
(b) Oversized coat.
(c) Loin cloth.
(d) Beach clothes.
3. Who is the only person in the home that shows no disapproval for Bart about his spending time with Melodie?
4. What does Melodie think caused Jory's accident?
(d) An evil spirit.
5. Who does Bart begin to make advances toward?
(b) A maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jory decide he wants to give a handmade present to?
2. Who does Catherine feel she needs to protect everybody from?
3. How is Joel related to Catherine?
4. What does Bart begin to build in preparation for the ballet at his party?
5. Who does Catherine feel most envious of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Catherine an intuitive narrator?
2. What is the reader left to wonder about Bart after Jory's accident?
3. What causes Bart to become angry with Melodie before they reveal their affair?
4. Why does Jory's recovery give Catherine flashbacks?
5. Describe Bart's self-esteem.
6. Why is Bart making advances toward Melodie?
7. Why is Bart angry about his grandmother's will?
8. Describe Bart's search for success.
9. What explains the fact that Bart didn't approve of Cindy's original dress but designed her ballet costume?
10. Why is the first person point of view the best way to tell this story?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)