|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bart suggest intentionally caused Jory's accident?
(d) A stagehand.
2. What is the point of view used to tell the story?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Second person.
3. Who was named Bart's trustee?
4. Who does Bart begin to make advances toward?
(c) A maid.
5. Who covers up Jory's injury at the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which phrase represents irony in the novel?
2. What color is the dress Cindy ends up wearing to Bart's party?
3. Who does Catherine feel most envious of?
4. What color is the dress Cindy first tries to wear to Bart's party?
5. Who does Bart hold back from comforting Jory after the accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Catherine an intuitive narrator?
2. What causes Bart to become angry with Melodie before they reveal their affair?
3. How does Catherine try to protect Jory?
4. Describe Bart's self-esteem.
5. Why is Bart making advances toward Melodie?
6. Describe Bart's search for success.
7. Describe Cindy.
8. Why is Catherine worried about Jory and Melodie having a baby?
9. Who does Jory blame for Melodie and Bart's affair and why?
10. How do Catherine and Chris feel about their secrets?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)