|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the ballet that Jory and Cindy perform, what is the main character's source of strength?
(a) His arms.
(b) His hair.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His wits.
2. Who does Catherine feel most envious of?
3. Who does Jory seem to blame most for Melodie's affair with Bart?
4. What type of housing is Joel accustomed to?
(a) Army living.
5. How old is Cindy when the novel starts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bart begin to make advances toward?
2. How does Joel describe the ballet costume?
3. What does Chris reveal that he wants to work in?
4. Who does Jory decide he wants to give a handmade present to?
5. Which of the following describes Catherine's role in her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Catherine an intuitive narrator?
2. Why doesn't Melodie visit Jory in the hospital?
3. Why is Bart making advances toward Melodie?
4. Why is Bart angry about his grandmother's will?
5. Describe Cindy.
6. What causes Bart to become angry with Melodie before they reveal their affair?
7. Who planned the accident that hurt Jory?
8. Describe Bart's self-esteem.
9. How do Catherine and Chris feel about their secrets?
10. What is Catherine's reaction to Melodie revealing her affair with Bart?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)