|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Catherine, what does Jory need most?
(a) His legs.
(b) His mother.
(c) His child.
(d) His wife.
2. What does Bart make for Melodie?
(b) A five-course dinner.
(c) A dancing costume.
(d) A dress.
3. What gets Jory back to talking to his family?
(a) Bart and Joel are scheming to kill their family.
(b) Melodie will have an affair with Bart.
(c) Melodie is about to give birth.
(d) Melodie might leave him.
4. How does Joel describe the ballet costume?
5. How old will Bart be when he stops getting money from the will?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melodie think caused Jory's accident?
2. What was the profession of Jory's father?
3. Who is Bart jealous of?
4. What last name does Chris use?
5. Who was Cindy's costume originally designed for?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Jory is injured, how does his future look?
2. Describe Bart's relationship with his family.
3. How does Catherine force Melodie to accept Jory's condition?
4. Describe foreshadowing present in "Memories."
5. What is the source of irony at Bart's party?
6. Why is the first person point of view the best way to tell this story?
7. Why is Bart angry about his grandmother's will?
8. Why did Cindy stop taking dance lessons?
9. What does Joel think about Bart's party?
10. How do Catherine and Chris feel about their secrets?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)