|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of view used to tell the story?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
2. What role does Joel take on?
3. Who is Bart most mean to?
4. Which of the following best describes Catherine as a narrator?
(c) Not confrontational.
5. What does Melodie think caused Jory's accident?
(b) An evil spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the ballet that Jory and Cindy perform, what is the main character's source of strength?
2. What gets Jory back to talking to his family?
3. What does Bart make for Melodie?
4. According to Catherine, what does Jory need most?
5. What did Jory's ballet costume consist of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bart making advances toward Melodie?
2. Why is Catherine worried about Jory and Melodie having a baby?
3. How does Catherine force Melodie to accept Jory's condition?
4. Why does Jory's recovery give Catherine flashbacks?
5. Why is the first person point of view the best way to tell this story?
6. What is the source of irony at Bart's party?
7. Describe Bart's self-esteem.
8. Why is Bart angry about his grandmother's will?
9. Describe Bart's relationship with his family.
10. Describe Cindy.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)