|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Melodie and Bart go out together, what time do they come home?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 12:00 a.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
2. After Jory's accident, who refuses to visit the hospital?
3. Who is able to stop Jory from bleeding?
4. What gets Jory back to talking to his family?
(a) Melodie might leave him.
(b) Bart and Joel are scheming to kill their family.
(c) Melodie will have an affair with Bart.
(d) Melodie is about to give birth.
5. How old will Bart be when he stops getting money from the will?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bart inheriting a mansion from?
2. How old was Cindy when she stopped taking ballet lessons?
3. According to Jory, who has changed Bart?
4. Who did Bart suggest intentionally caused Jory's accident?
5. What color is the dress Cindy first tries to wear to Bart's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of irony at Bart's party?
2. What type of offensive sermon does Joel give in the chapel?
3. What causes Bart to become angry with Melodie before they reveal their affair?
4. Who planned the accident that hurt Jory?
5. What is Joel's motivation to harm the family?
6. Describe Bart's relationship with his family.
7. What is Bart's reaction to Cindy having a boyfriend?
8. How do you think Jory will cope with Melodie's absence?
9. In what way does Catherine encourage Bart?
10. What is the reader left to wonder about Bart after Jory's accident?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)