|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which secret does Melodie reveal about her pregnancy?
(a) That the child isn't Jory's.
(b) That Jory didn't want a baby.
(c) That she doesn't want the child anymore.
(d) That Jory tricked her into getting pregnant.
2. Who does Bart ask to perform at his birthday party?
(b) Jory and Melodie.
3. Which of the following is a theme that Catherine is an active part of?
(a) Religious persecution.
4. What is the point of view used to tell the story?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
5. Who covers up Jory's injury at the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old were Cory and Carrie when they were locked in the attic?
2. What type of housing is Joel accustomed to?
3. How much money will Bart get each year?
4. What has been delayed due to Jory's injury?
5. Which phrase represents irony in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reader left to wonder about Bart after Jory's accident?
2. Why is Bart angry about his grandmother's will?
3. How do Catherine and Chris feel about their secrets?
4. Describe Joel's influence on Bart.
5. Who does Jory blame for Melodie and Bart's affair and why?
6. Describe Cindy.
7. What explains the fact that Bart didn't approve of Cindy's original dress but designed her ballet costume?
8. What does Joel think about Bart's party?
9. Why is Catherine worried about Jory and Melodie having a baby?
10. Why is the first person point of view the best way to tell this story?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)