|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jory's ballet costume consist of?
(a) Beach clothes.
(b) Loin cloth.
(c) Boxer shorts.
(d) Oversized coat.
2. What color is the dress Cindy ends up wearing to Bart's party?
3. What has been delayed due to Jory's injury?
(a) The reading of Bart's grandmother's will.
(b) Bart's birthday pary.
(c) Chris's birthday party.
(d) Bart's Christmas party.
4. What was the profession of Jory's father?
(a) Ballet dancer.
5. Who does Catherine feel she needs to protect everybody from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the trustee of Bart's money after the will reading?
2. Who is Jory's father?
3. What is the name of the mansion in which the attic was located?
4. Who does Bart hold back from comforting Jory after the accident?
5. According to Catherine, why does Jory need to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joel think about Bart's party?
2. Describe Cindy.
3. Why doesn't Melodie visit Jory in the hospital?
4. Describe Bart's relationship with his family.
5. Why is the first person point of view the best way to tell this story?
6. What is Catherine's reaction to Melodie revealing her affair with Bart?
7. What is the source of irony at Bart's party?
8. Why is Bart angry about his grandmother's will?
9. Describe Bart's search for success.
10. Why does Jory's recovery give Catherine flashbacks?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)