|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bart study in school?
2. What gets Jory back to talking to his family?
(a) Melodie will have an affair with Bart.
(b) Melodie might leave him.
(c) Melodie is about to give birth.
(d) Bart and Joel are scheming to kill their family.
3. How is Joel related to Catherine?
(a) Joel is Catherine's uncle.
(b) Catherine is Joel's sister.
(c) Catherine is Joel's cousin.
(d) Joel is Catherine's father.
4. What knocks Jory out during the ballet?
(a) A fake column.
(b) A bucket.
(c) A fake boulder.
(d) Another dancer.
5. What color is the dress Cindy ends up wearing to Bart's party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is specifically and deliberately left out of discussion about the reading of the will?
2. What does the doctor say about Jory's condition after the accident?
3. How does Joel describe the ballet costume?
4. Who does Catherine feel most envious of?
5. Who is Bart jealous of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe foreshadowing present in "Memories."
2. Describe Bart's relationship with his family.
3. Describe Bart's search for success.
4. Describe Cindy.
5. Why is the first person point of view the best way to tell this story?
6. Why is Bart angry about his grandmother's will?
7. What is the reader left to wonder about Bart after Jory's accident?
8. Who does Jory blame for Melodie and Bart's affair and why?
9. Why did Cindy stop taking dance lessons?
10. What does Joel think about Bart's party?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)