|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel give an offensive sermon about?
(a) Children out of wedlock.
(b) Marital affairs.
(c) Sex before marriage.
(d) Children born of incest.
2. According to Toni, how will Bart's love life fare?
(a) He will always be abusive.
(b) He should never have children.
(c) He will never find a woman he truly wants.
(d) He will never get married.
3. What type of career does Cindy pursue?
4. How does Catherine comfort herself in Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
(a) Teaching the twins.
(b) Old journals.
(c) Bart's old toys.
(d) Childhood photographs.
5. What does Jory say he is too embarrassed to do?
(a) Have a child.
(b) Have a life.
(c) Have a wife.
(d) Have a friend.
6. When do Chris and Catherine decide to leave the mansion?
(a) When Bart is committed to an institution.
(b) When Jory gets better.
(c) When Joel leaves.
(d) When the twins start school.
7. Who writes the eulogy for Chris?
8. Who burns the RSVP cards for the party?
9. What does Toni overhear the twins discussing in Book Three: Heaven Can't Wait?
(a) Chris and Catherine's relationship.
(b) Joel's plan.
(c) God's wrath.
(d) Bart's finances.
10. What does Catherine discover about Bart when he is in the chapel?
(a) He can sketch.
(b) He can dance.
(c) He can sing.
(d) He is good with children.
11. Where do Catherine and Chris decide they will move?
(a) Virginia Beach.
(b) New York.
12. What does Bart want Catherine to do more than anything?
(a) Send Cindy away.
(b) Send Melodie away.
(c) Send Jory away.
(d) Send Chris away.
13. Where does Cindy attend school?
(b) New England.
14. How does Catherine feel at the end of the novel?
(a) No longer needed.
15. What does Bart become after Chris dies?
(a) A singer.
(b) A television evangelist.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jory feel about learning he has twins?
2. When Catherine confronts Bart in Book Three: Comes a Morning Dark, how does he feel?
3. What does Cindy do for her family at Christmas?
4. Who does Bart claim is his best friend?
5. According to Bart, what has he found with Toni?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)