|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Royce and another man build in September?
(a) A shelter.
(b) A barbecue.
(c) A birdhouse.
(d) A house.
2. What does Nora bring for Mr. Myles to plant?
(a) Flowers and vegetables.
(b) Fruit trees.
(c) Vegetables and fruit trees.
(d) Flowers and fruit trees.
3. What does Amir grow?
4. What is the result of the rainstorm?
(a) Mr. Myles dies.
(b) Nora is hurt.
(c) Nora and Mr. Myles’ plants are ruined.
(d) Nora and Mr. Myles get to know the others.
5. Why does everyone give Maricela advice?
(a) She is black.
(b) She is disabled.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is malnurished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the winning solution to Sam’s contest?
2. What does Virgil’s father promise he will buy?
3. What reason does Virgil’s father give for planting multiple areas?
4. What happens to the radishes?
5. What did Sae Young and her husband wait for that never arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Virgil find in the ground, and what does he eventually use it for?
2. What is the point of the program for teen mothers?
3. Describe Curtis, as he is now, in terms of his priorities.
4. Describe Sam’s contest, and the winning idea.
5. What causes Sae Young to feel a part of the community again?
6. Explain why Curtis and Lateesha originally broke up.
7. Why does Virgil’s father lie to Mrs. Fleck, and what does he say?
8. Explain what Curtis does to thwart off the thieves.
9. Explain why Virgil becomes angry and ashamed at his father.
10. What happens to the lettuce in the chapter “Virgil”?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)