|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who from the garden community speaks to Sae Young first?
2. What does Nora notice about Mr. Myles when he is working?
(a) He is talkative.
(b) He is more alive.
(c) He is irritable.
(d) He becomes more tired.
3. How did Sae Young’s husband die?
(a) He was shot.
(d) Heart attack.
4. What is the result of the rainstorm?
(a) Mr. Myles dies.
(b) Nora and Mr. Myles’ plants are ruined.
(c) Nora and Mr. Myles get to know the others.
(d) Nora is hurt.
5. What does Virgil’s father plant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Virgil embarrassed?
2. What does Virgil’s father do in America?
3. What does Leona tell Maricela that makes her think differently?
4. What happens to one of the dealers at the lot in the chapter “Virgil”?
5. What does Saw Young feel a part of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the lettuce in the chapter “Virgil”?
2. What causes Sae Young to feel a part of the community again?
3. Explain what happens during the rainstorm.
4. What is Curtis trying to show through the growth of the tomatoes?
5. Why does Nora want to tell the tourists of the garden?
6. How does Leona help Maricela see things differently?
7. What does Virgil find in the ground, and what does he eventually use it for?
8. What is Curtis’ reaction to his tomato plants?
9. What does Amir learn about his misconceptions of cultures?
10. Explain why Curtis and Lateesha originally broke up.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)