|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amir do for a living?
(a) Works in banking.
(b) Runs a gas station.
(c) Owns a fabric store.
(d) He is a doctor.
2. Why does Royce sleep in the garden?
(a) His father is abusive.
(b) He is homeless.
(c) He steals the food to eat.
(d) He is an orphan.
3. What is Royce paid for this job?
(a) Room and board.
(c) Food and a sleeping bag.
(d) Food and water.
4. What is Curtis’ point in growing his specific plants?
(a) He can learn to grow things.
(b) He can provide for Lateesha.
(c) He wants the attention.
(d) He isn’t just muscles.
5. What did Sae Young and her husband wait for that never arrived?
(b) Monetary assistance.
(c) A higher income.
(d) A wave of building expansion in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where did Curtis move?
2. What did Lateesha do when she learned of Curtis’ other women?
3. Who does Nora ache to tell of the garden?
4. What do many of the gardeners do in the chapter “Amir”?
5. What does Royce do in exchange for food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Curtis trying to show through the growth of the tomatoes?
2. Explain why Curtis and Lateesha originally broke up.
3. What causes Sae Young to feel a part of the community again?
4. Explain what Curtis does to thwart off the thieves.
5. What brings Sae Young back out into the world, and why?
6. Why does Maricela resent being pregnant?
7. What does Amir learn about his misconceptions of cultures?
8. How does Leona help Maricela see things differently?
9. What is Curtis’ reaction to his tomato plants?
10. Describe Sam’s contest, and the winning idea.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)