|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created the Biceps R Us nickname?
2. What does the Mexican family do that entices others?
(a) Give away vegetables.
(b) Leave their garden.
(c) Roast a pig.
(d) Start a fight.
3. What does Sae Young purchase to help in Sam’s contest?
(b) Garbage cans.
(c) Three funnels.
(d) Jugs for water.
4. How did Sae Young continue to run the store after being attacked?
(a) She hired a young woman to run the store.
(b) She hired a Korean man to run the store.
(c) She pushed herself through it.
(d) She didn’t, she closed the store.
5. What speech impediment does Royce have?
(a) A stutter.
(b) A cleft palate.
(c) He is mute.
(d) A lisp.
6. What does Virgil’s father do in America?
(a) He drives a bus.
(b) He drives a taxi.
(c) He drives an ambulance.
(d) He drives a garbage truck.
7. What does Amir find himself doing with Royce and another?
(a) Selling produce.
(b) Chasing a purse thief.
(c) Starting a shelter.
(d) Saving a kitten.
8. When did Virgil have Mrs. Fleck as a teacher?
(b) Third grade.
(c) Eighth grade.
(d) Fifth grade.
9. What did ancient Egyptians advise for the mad?
(a) Planting the soil.
(b) Walks through a garden.
10. What does Curtis see when he looks up at the end of the chapter “Curtis”?
(a) His mother, smiling at him.
(b) Lateesha, watching him.
(c) An angel.
(d) Another girl, watching him admiringly.
11. What does Amir do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) Runs a gas station.
(c) Works in banking.
(d) Owns a fabric store.
12. To what does Amir compare the day of the feast?
(a) New Year's.
(b) Harvest festival.
13. What does Nora use to allow Mr. Myles to plant?
(a) A garbage barrel.
(b) A potting planter.
(c) A bird feeder.
(d) The ground.
14. What surprises Virgil about his father?
(a) He lies.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is ambitious.
15. Why does everyone give Maricela advice?
(a) She is disabled.
(b) She is malnurished.
(c) She is black.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sae Young grow?
2. How does Virgil know his mother’s father does not have a plot?
3. What does Sae Young compare the garden community to?
4. What did Sae Young and her husband wait for that never arrived?
5. What is Maricela told will help her in tea?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)