|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wendell’s wife die?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She died of old age.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She died of cancer.
2. How old is Kim?
3. What type of neighborhood is Ana’s?
(a) White collar.
(b) Working class.
4. Who is Garcia?
(a) Gonzalo’s teacher.
(b) Gonzalo’s family.
(c) Gonzalo's father.
(d) Gonzalo's uncle.
5. Who does Sam hire to garden for him?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A middle-aged man.
(d) An older woman.
6. What did Kim’s father do for a living?
(a) He was a drug dealer.
(b) He was a mechanic.
(c) He was a doctor.
(d) He was a farmer.
7. Where did Leona grow up?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Las Vegas.
8. Who frightens Wendell?
9. What does Leona do to force the city to see her?
(a) She goes to the Public Health office in person.
(b) She talks to her local mayor.
(c) She takes a group to the lot to protest.
(d) She gets a petition together.
10. What does Kim hope will happen in the photo at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her brother will walk.
(b) Her mother will speak.
(c) Her sister will move.
(d) Her father’s eyes will move.
11. Who calls Wendell to their apartment?
12. Whose picture is Kim staring at during the opening of the book?
(a) Her brother's.
(b) Her sister's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her father's.
13. What does Kim plant?
14. What does Sam note at the end of his Chapter about the garden?
(a) It is turning from Eden back into Cleveland.
(b) It is a waste of time.
(c) It is a safe haven.
(d) It is turning from Cleveland into Eden.
15. Where does Gonzalo find Tio Juan?
(a) The vacant lot.
(b) At home.
(c) In front of the store.
(d) Behind the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tio Juan distraught?
2. Why did Gonzalo’s father make Gonzalo talk to everyone for him?
3. What caused Ana to dig up the object she saw being burried?
4. Who actually owns the lot?
5. What language does Tio Juan speak?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)