|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who frightens Wendell?
2. How does Sam get people to open up?
(a) He asks about their pets.
(b) He smiles at them.
(c) He asks about their children.
(d) He has a counseling office.
3. What does mother purchase for Tio Juan?
(a) A watering can.
(b) A shovel.
(c) Seeds and a trowel.
(d) A restaurant.
4. What does Ana use to dig?
(a) Her hands.
(b) A butter knife.
(c) Her cane.
(d) A shovel.
5. What did Leona’s grandma lay on the graves of her physicians?
(b) Iron pills.
6. What does Wendell do to show the person who frightened him that he means well?
(a) He smiles.
(b) He starts a conversation.
(c) He walks away.
(d) He waters all the plants.
7. Who actually owns the lot?
(a) The county.
(b) The city.
(c) The U.S. Government.
(d) The building owner.
8. Who does Sam hire to garden for him?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A middle-aged man.
(c) An older woman.
9. Where is Kim from?
(d) San Francisco.
10. What language does Tio Juan speak?
(b) An Indian language.
11. What does Wendell realize about the plants?
(a) The make him happy.
(b) They can protect the ground.
(c) They give him hope for change.
(d) They are not going to survive.
12. Who is Garcia?
(a) Gonzalo’s teacher.
(b) Gonzalo's uncle.
(c) Gonzalo's father.
(d) Gonzalo’s family.
13. What caused Ana to dig up the object she saw being burried?
(a) She was worried about Kim.
(b) She was worried for the baby.
(c) Kim threatened her.
(d) Kim saw her watching.
14. What does Sam note at the end of his Chapter about the garden?
(a) It is turning from Cleveland into Eden.
(b) It is a safe haven.
(c) It is a waste of time.
(d) It is turning from Eden back into Cleveland.
15. What does Kim plant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendell do the following Monday?
2. Why does Wendell ring the plant with dirt?
3. What does Ana buy at the end of the chapter titled “Ana”?
4. What has Kim done to her own plants in the chapter “Wendell”?
5. Where is Kim living?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)