|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Tio Juan speak?
(b) An Indian language.
2. What does Sam grow?
3. What does Sam try to do in the world?
(a) Learn all the languages.
(b) Fix fences.
(c) Patch up the world.
(d) Learn the dictionary.
4. Why does Leona know about complaining to officials?
(a) She has two kids in a dangerous high school.
(b) She has a child with special needs.
(c) She is a parole officer.
(d) She is a nun.
5. Why does Wendell say the beans were lucky to have lived?
(a) The ground was too hard.
(b) The ground was too dry.
(c) Kim planted them too early.
(d) Kim planted them too late.
6. How old is Kim?
7. What does Ana do with the object she dug up?
(a) Pawn it.
(b) Replants it.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Takes it to the police.
8. How does Sam get people to open up?
(a) He smiles at them.
(b) He asks about their pets.
(c) He has a counseling office.
(d) He asks about their children.
9. How did Gonzalo learn English?
(a) His mother.
(b) His uncle.
(d) TV and the playground.
10. Where is Kim from?
(d) San Francisco.
11. What does Ana buy at the end of the chapter titled “Ana”?
(b) A watering can.
(d) A new cane.
12. What does Wendell do to show the person who frightened him that he means well?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He starts a conversation.
(d) He waters all the plants.
13. Why does Kim choose a place behind a refrigerator?
(a) She wants it to be cold.
(b) She wants to be hidden.
(c) She wants it to be seen.
(d) She wants it to be dark.
14. What does Leona take with her to see the city?
(a) A request for service.
(b) A bag of garbage.
(c) A group of people.
(d) A signed petition.
15. How did Wendell’s son die?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He was stillborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kim wonder about her father?
2. Where did Leona grow up?
3. What is the result of Leona’s efforts with the city?
4. What does Gonzalo hope as he helps Tio Juan?
5. What does Ana suspect this person burying something actually buried?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)